Another young'un

Whats happening on the Gypsy Jazz Scene today

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Gadjo

Another young'un

Post by Gadjo »

Chris Hayward has just got back from his place in Samois and tells me there are a couple of kids (aged around 10) ripping up Chez Fernand. One is Richard Maneti's son (Romane's grandson - God I feel old) and the other "Django's great great great grandson".

Checking the Samois line up there looks like a couple of names that could be these guys. Anybody know anymore?

Chris said they were as good as any of the past prodigies he has seen over the years. Bloody frightening I say.

Samois is filling up already and I'm not coming this year (sob) - I have even had to give my ticket for Bireli away I'm that busy. Something is going to have to give :evil:
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Re: Another young'un

Post by Caballero »

Gadjo wrote:
Samois is filling up already and I'm not coming this year (sob) - I have even had to give my ticket for Bireli away I'm that busy.

:roll: Christ! another gayer!
Mobreau

Post by Mobreau »

Richard Manetti's son :shock: :shock: I thought richard was about 20?
Gadjo

Post by Gadjo »

Precisely - hence my question. It is not beyond possibilty that Chris has got the story half cocked (or Maneti Jnr got going at an early age).
stublag

Post by stublag »

Its more likely its Romanes younger son who i've heard is great.
Richard Manetti now lives in London -hes going out with didier lockwoods daughter who is studying over here--hes been down the Q a few times--very nice player
Stu
BluesBopHarry

Post by BluesBopHarry »

I think you're talking about Pierre Maneti who's Richard little brother and son of Romane, he's about 15 I think
Mobreau

Post by Mobreau »

Aha! that makes sense. Are we gonna have the honour this year Stu? (Samois)
stublag

Post by stublag »

Mobreau wrote:Aha! that makes sense. Are we gonna have the honour this year Stu? (Samois)
hope to go--but depends on finances--you know the score:-)
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Post by Caballero »

Mobreau wrote:Aha! that makes sense. Are we gonna have the honour this year Stu? (Samois)

Yo man, are you actually going this year? what about Benjy? He got shagged by the bird he hitched a lift from last time, perhaps he's going to try again?
Mobreau

Post by Mobreau »

Ah, well I really hope you do make it man, would be nice to catch up :wink:

As for you Mr H! "Actually going" I think missing 1 out of the last 7 isn't to bad!! as for Ben, it looks like a no no. It's one thing to clap and swing, clap and swing is another ball game :shock: We will be sure to come and root you, jason and donkel von dinkdoodle out. If we don't see you before :wink:
Mobreau

Post by Mobreau »

It should of said clap and sing......but it just isn't funny anymore :(
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Post by Caballero »

You're going to get tipsy.....
Mobreau

Post by Mobreau »

NEVER! I'm going purely to talk to other bald jazz people like myself. We can feel at one there, were not an outcast minority group :cry:
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Post by Caballero »

:D Don't be like that, I can cheer you up old chum! If you want to feel at home , I discovered this great town you could visit, everyone looks like you!
Attachments
Mobreauville.jpg
Mobreauville.jpg (2.14 KiB) Viewed 21351 times
Mobreau

Post by Mobreau »

:lol: Very good. I would find a suitable image as a reply! but what with having a brain made of sweet crunchy stuff with air holes in it, I have neither the parience or the intelligence to do so :?