Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

justjack
Mad For It

risto ivanovski

Post by justjack »

Hi, all.

I wonder if anyone's seen/heard these guitars:
http://www.ivanovskiguitars.com.mk/g-1.htm

I'd never heard of the man, but just noticed that two of his guitars (D-hole and oval) are on ebay. Any comments on the quality of these?
bk

Ivanovski

Post by bk »

I own one of his guitars and it is a great instrument. High quality materials and decent craftsmanship. The model I have has a smaller D hole. The tone is very resonant. Somewhere between a martin 00 and a dobro. It lacks the bassy percussiveness of my Gitane D 500 however, the bass notes are much more clear and defined on the Ivanovski. In all other respects it has a louder and more characteristic sound than that of the Gitane. If you're interested contact me an I can tell you more.
nwilkins

Post by nwilkins »

holy crap, i love it when threads this old get answered :)
justjack
Mad For It

Post by justjack »

nwilkins wrote:holy crap, i love it when threads this old get answered
At least this one didn't embarrass me too much; too often one comes up where I'm asking something like "Are Argentines from Argentina?"
frater

Post by frater »

No, "Argentine" is just a name. These strings are actually made in France by Savarez. :)
"Et pas besoin d'avoir de fines moustaches pour jouer cette musique!" B. Lagréne
nwilkins

Post by nwilkins »

hey frater,

either you didn't get Jack's post or you are a first rate ass (in the complimentary sense) :)
frater

Post by frater »

Just a severe case of "Roger Rabbit" syndrome. If I hear "Shave and a haircut..." got to yell: "two bits!". :)
"Et pas besoin d'avoir de fines moustaches pour jouer cette musique!" B. Lagréne