Alyward Guitars Offer

Makers of Gypsy Jazz guitars

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Post by Caballero »

Gadjo wrote:Hey Cab
How long have you been waiting? Did it match up to the original estimate of time?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brett

Post by Brett »

I was fortunate enough to get my hands on an Aylward laminate last October, serial number 00, although I had to pay a bit of a premium for it. Not sure about the Schertler thingy.
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Post by Caballero »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rene

Post by Rene »

Still waiting then ? I am.
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Post by Caballero »

He said "This week", which you've reminded me, is now last week. Time for a phonecall. I may have to swear.
Rene

Post by Rene »

That'll be next week next year ?
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Post by Caballero »

I'm waiting to hear back from him. :?
Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

Some of you guys change your guitars more often than i change my socks. :P :wink:
I'm still playing Rob's first Mac. Even with the holes that Andy McKenzie (so i was told) drilled into the side, it still sounds great.
Although the top is badly in need of a refinish by now, but i can't afford it. It looks like the Macaferri version of Rory Gallagher's strat. :lol:
Gadjo

Post by Gadjo »

True, I drilled the holes for a volume control as it had a Bartolini pickup fitted.

I regret selling that guitar. I had just got divorced and had to raise some cash for a flat so sold a shed full of really great guitars. Jorgenson still rates that as his favourite sounding guitar. I got a real bollocking when he found out it had gone!

Captain is right though. Buy a decent guitar then just play the thing. It has cost me 40 years and about £200K to work this out.

Having said that I have a new flamenco on order from Mr Aylward. :oops:
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Post by Caballero »

Gadjo wrote: Having said that I have a new flamenco on order from Mr Aylward. :oops:

First, the land mass will change , whole continents plunging under the waves the seas will rise, then soon, before the sun dies, you will get your guitar. :lol:
Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

Gadjo wrote:I regret selling that guitar. I had just got divorced and had to raise some cash for a flat so sold a shed full of really great guitars. Jorgenson still rates that as his favourite sounding guitar. I got a real bollocking when he found out it had gone!
I bought it from a guy called Dave. A scouser if i remember right.
Although i do remember playing it back in 2002/'03 at Samois, when you owned it, & i was blown away by the volume & tone of it!
I'm not planning to sell it anytime soon, but i hope that come the day when my hands are too knarled with arthritis to play properly, that the fact that it's Rob's first Mac will mean i get a half decent price for it. ;)
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Post by Caballero »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Shitmapants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The bastard thing is arriving tommorrow! will post piccys and review! got a gig in the eve, do I use it? hmmmmm, might be a tad bright. oh joy!
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Post by Caballero »

:D More Joy! it's reet tasty! all you buyers of the 10, you're in for a nice guitar.
maca

Post by maca »

Caballero wrote::D More Joy! it's reet tasty! all you buyers of the 10, you're in for a nice guitar.
That it?
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Post by Caballero »

:D well, okay... it's a fucking awesome instrument, excellent finish, totally playable, he's surpassed himself beyond my expectations, going Lam was the right choice, sounds european, superb tone blah de blah blah blah blah. I'm messing myself up by staying up till 2 most nights playing the thing in and enjoying the thrill of every note I hear. even the bum ones.