Gallato/Mateos problem?

Makers of Gypsy Jazz guitars

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

jitjo

Gallato/Mateos problem?

Post by jitjo »

I have heard mention of a problem with Gallato guitars sometimes having unstable necks that move and need repair. I was wondering...does this problem ever surface in the Mateos guitars as well, or has the problem been addressed by Geronimo and his staff? Any thoughts?
Bigskychuck

Post by Bigskychuck »

My Mateos neck is fine. Just a normal amount of relief on the fretboard. Of course it's a pretty hefty neck, and I keep the guitar humidified.

Charlie
Swing This!

Post by Swing This! »

I've had my Gallato since Nov 2003 and it sounds great, with no neck problems. I keep it in it's case with a humidifier.

Do you have a Gallato? Has it got neck problems?
jitjo

Post by jitjo »

No, I don't own a Mateos or a Gallato. I have heard great things about their sound, but I understand that some of the Gallatos have needed neck straightening. I was wondering if the Mateos guitars are prone to the same thing or if the potential problem has been corrected. Or perhaps it has not been long enough for any neck problems to surface with the Mateos guitars? It seems that there are Gallato owners out there who have had no problems, so thankfully the problems may be limited to just some of the guitars.