Eimers vs AJL

Makers of Gypsy Jazz guitars

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

emicad

Eimers vs AJL

Post by emicad »

Hi to all,
I've decided to make the big step and take a luthier guitar. I've decided to take an identical copy of 503 Selmer owned by Django, identical in all the characteristics, from the first to the last, useless to make a big list, who knows that guitar knows also what i mean. After a big search on the net and after contactng a lot of luthiers i've discarded some luthiers (some for quality, some for prices, some others cause are great luthiers but not specialized in 503 selmer). At last i have on my list only these two names remained:
Leo Eimers
AJL
I have already done my choice, i need only the last details to confirm my decision but i'll be happy to hear some helps from all you guys, there is still the time to change! :D
Thanks
ramsezaz

Post by ramsezaz »

I suggest you wait a little bit, come to samois 2006 and try many of them and choose from what you'll hear which luthier will have the pleasure to build your guitar :)
"Free your mind, and your ass will follow" © George Clinton
emicad

Post by emicad »

ramsezaz wrote:I suggest you wait a little bit, come to samois 2006 and try many of them and choose from what you'll hear which luthier will have the pleasure to build your guitar :)
I'll consider it also if probably i can't come to Samois 2006 for work reasons... :cry:
mazzo

Post by mazzo »

ciao

Try the german ones Volkert, Doderer and Hahl. This are realy great Guitars, in sound and Look. The Hahl gitano de luxe from Hahl in my opinion sounds really selmerish.