Changing the pick...

Yahoo this way.......

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

emicad

Changing the pick...

Post by emicad »

Hi to all,
I've tryied AK and Wegen picks and i can say i prefer AK picks for a lot of reasons but i want to try something new, for example wood or stone picks, but i'm in Italy and here there is nothing about. Anyone can help me? I've seen on Michael Horowitz various picks and also here http://www.palmguitars.nl/ but i need some suggestions.
I have a Patenotte 254 and i have a little sound, i need something that can give me more volume and a hot sound, i think wood is the best thing but i wait something from you guys...
Bye
kcox

Post by kcox »

Were you using the thin grip AKs or regular? I tried the thin grip but found it well nigh impossible to keep a grip on...it kind of angles down to a point rather than just being a thinner flat surfaced grip. Are the regular grips ones easier to hold on to?

Kevin
c'est chaud!!!!!!!
Teddy Dupont

Post by Teddy Dupont »

It would probably be more useful to change your pants.
emicad

Post by emicad »

kcox wrote:Were you using the thin grip AKs or regular? I tried the thin grip but found it well nigh impossible to keep a grip on...it kind of angles down to a point rather than just being a thinner flat surfaced grip. Are the regular grips ones easier to hold on to?

Kevin
I have a classic AK pick, i've ordered it from RFCharle if i remember well, i don't know exactly the model but it's really big, i can put it only at the end of the fingerboard and the grip is large. Anyway i'm thinking to trysomething different.
emicad

Post by emicad »

Teddy Dupont wrote:It would probably be more useful to change your pants.
You have nothing more to say man?
Teddy Dupont

Post by Teddy Dupont »

emicad wrote:
No.
emicad

Post by emicad »

Teddy Dupont wrote:
emicad wrote:
No.
Why don't you try to help a friend? You know what i'm looking for...
texasrockabillyrebel

Post by texasrockabillyrebel »

I've made some picks out of wood and stone. The wood (pao ferro) sounded warm and smooth but wore out very quickly. The stone (geode) will be around long after you and your guitar have turned to dust, but it's really noisy on the strings. The stone also gives a stronger lead tone so mabye that's what you're after. If you want my advice stop caring about what pick you use. The perfect pick does'nt exist ( I'm sure someone will back me up here). It's better to get your picking hand sorted out. Hope this helps. Good luck!
If you don't swallow it's going in your eye.
emicad

Post by emicad »

texasrockabillyrebel wrote:I've made some picks out of wood and stone. The wood (pao ferro) sounded warm and smooth but wore out very quickly. The stone (geode) will be around long after you and your guitar have turned to dust, but it's really noisy on the strings. The stone also gives a stronger lead tone so mabye that's what you're after. If you want my advice stop caring about what pick you use. The perfect pick does'nt exist ( I'm sure someone will back me up here). It's better to get your picking hand sorted out. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Thanks a lot, anyway believe me, the perfect pick EXIST, but you must to create yourself, choosing the best material and shape for your use.
:D