Birelli in London - June 10th

Post your UK gig dates here

Moderators: Caballero, Zoot

Dennis

Birelli in London - June 10th

Post by Dennis »

Birelli and Trio play at The Kings Place, London (Kings Cross), Wednesday June 10th, 8.00 pm.

http://www.kingsplace.co.uk/music/weekl ... grene-trio

D.
maca

Post by maca »

Yay, I am going. Got a "saver" ticket for £9.50 which means you dont know where you sit until an hour before. BARGAIN. Hope he turns up. :roll:
stublag

Post by stublag »

Just found out that Bireli has parted ways with longtime manager Christian Pegand.
Pegand cites 'professional reasons' for the split....hope Bireli still shows up for the Kings gig.
Hes also got a trio cd(with Hono and Diego) coming out in the autumn
Stu
quecumbar

so whose his right hand man now

Post by quecumbar »

no wonder I cannot get any answers from anyone re getting him here whil ehe is in London its a nightmare
Thanks to all our Patrons and regular musicians
Keep live music Live
Thrip

Post by Thrip »

Bireli has been "unexpectedly taken ill". That's right. He's cancelled.
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

He's the only reason I fought my way through the f---ing tube strike this morning from Essex to get to work.

This is the statement on the Kings Place website:

"We learnt this morning that Bireli Lagrene was unexpectedly taken ill last night, and it has now become clear that he is unable to travel and perform today. It is with great regret, therefore, that we have to cancel tonight's concert.

We would also like to wish Bireli a speedy recovery, and look forward to welcoming him back to London when he is fully recovered.

Kings Place will contact all ticket-holders and arrange a full refund."
La Belle Vie

Hey Tim

Post by La Belle Vie »

Maybe we should stand in for him!

We can offer to pay everyone £22.50 to listen ...

What a shame!! :roll:
Agent

Post by Agent »

F***ing hell.

I wonder whether Django would have cancelled better.
stublag

Post by stublag »

Agent wrote:F***ing hell.

I wonder whether Django would have cancelled better.

Nice one Saul!!
Hes cancelled on me 4 times now!--i give up....
CSL Gypsy

Post by CSL Gypsy »

The email from Kings Place stated:

"We learnt this morning that Bireli Lagrene was unexpectedly taken ill last night, and it has now become clear that he is unable to travel and perform today."

But this was only sent at 2pm i.e. at the time at which Bireli should have been leaving Paris for the gig. Sounds like a last minute decision.

I wonder how may had already travelled...or wasted money on train fares/hotel rooms etc.
BachelorNo2

Post by BachelorNo2 »

Didn't Bireli play in London not too long ago with Martin Taylor? did he keep to the appointment?
Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

BachelorNo2 wrote:Didn't Bireli play in London not too long ago with Martin Taylor? did he keep to the appointment?
About 10yrs ago, He got pissed, & Martin Taylor wiped the floor with him. (never thought i'd see the day)
Perhaps Bireli just doesn't like the UK. :lol:
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Post by Caballero »

We were both at that gig! and they were both pissed! We were all staying at Struttys, loads of djangoheads, jamming and getting caned, going into London to see two other piss-heads play the guitar. YOU took this photo.
We got back to Struttys and while we waited for him to get back (2.00am), we turned his huge giant shed around so the door was facing the fence!! Cuz the only reason he got us all round was so he could get us to put the thing up in the first place. :lol: man! he was seriously pissed with us all.
Attachments
Bireli and Cab 1999.jpg
Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

Caballero wrote:We were both at that gig! and they were both pissed! We were all staying at Struttys, loads of djangoheads, jamming and getting caned, going into London to see two other piss-heads play the guitar. YOU took this photo.
We got back to Struttys and while we waited for him to get back (2.00am), we turned his huge giant shed around so the door was facing the fence!! Cuz the only reason he got us all round was so he could get us to put the thing up in the first place. :lol: man! he was seriously pissed with us all.
Obviously we were all pissed! Don't remember taking that pic at all. :D
But i do remember us all moving Mark's shed! :lol: :lol:

Anyway, i still say Bireli was very average on that gig, whereas i thought Martin Taylor held it together pretty well.

Although the personal highlight of the night for me was meeting up with the guitarist from Hawkwind! 8)
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

BachelorNo2 wrote:
Didn't Bireli play in London not too long ago with Martin Taylor? did he keep to the appointment?

Yup, they were both at the Queen Elizabeth hall a while back. Great gig.

Does Monsieur Lagrene have a 'history' of missing gigs?

D.