??????????? lyrics

New to the scene? Help is at hand. No question too silly.

Moderator: justjack

les yeux noir

??????????? lyrics

Post by les yeux noir »

looking for lyrics to gari gari and djelem djelem in either Russian or Romani can anybody here help me out please ?
Keep swinging!
clausci

Re: ??????????? lyrics

Post by clausci »

les yeux noir wrote:looking for lyrics to gari gari and djelem djelem in either Russian or Romani can anybody here help me out please ?
try this http://www.dunav.org.il/lyrics/djelem_djelem.html for djelem djelem,
but are u sure that these tunes comes from russian ?
i ve always thought they have rom origin...does anyone know?
Claudio
B25Gib

Djelem Djelem song lyrics

Post by B25Gib »

.....Claudio -
.....................Thanks for posting the link. Since hearing a great version of Djelem Djelem by KRUNO at DjangoFest NW I had been looking for the translated lyrics to see if the song will sound good sung in English. By the way, KRUNO has a great voice and his playing with the accordian player was excellent. I believe they have a new CD coming out early next year.
......................I read somewhere that Djelem Djelem is a Croatian gipsy song that is considered the national anthem of the gipsy community in that region.
.....Cheers, Rocky
kruno

djelem djelem - I traveled I traveled

Post by kruno »

Hi guys,
Actually, the song is an old Roma (gypsy) melody with words written by a guy from Kosovo, a part of the former Yugoslav federation which up until 10 years ago included Croatia, Serbia, Macedonia, Slovenia etc...

Just do a google for delem delem lyrics, or djelem djelem, I'm sure a site will present itself with both the Romany lyrics and English translation.

take care.

k
les yeux noir

Post by les yeux noir »

yes folks you are correct .
It is originally from the Balkans , however there are some recordings on the tune in Russian , thanks so much for all your answeres .

Thanks !
Keep swinging!