Jazz ukuele

Welcome to the Hotclub Forum

Moderators: Caballero, Zoot

Clarky Clarke

Jazz ukuele

Post by Clarky Clarke »

I'd like to know more about the Jazz Ukulele,tuning,strings,chords.
Thanks to anyone who replies to my post I'ts nice to be Nice look for the Red Rose of Lancashire
Teddy Dupont

Post by Teddy Dupont »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:............................Image
Clarky Clarke

uke for fun

Post by Clarky Clarke »

Hi Teddy why are you shocked at my posting people like Lyle Ritz & Roy Smeck.are uke jazz masters .

They tune the instrument to the top four strings of the guitar with the D string an octave up,I've selected a set of chord voicings that I use on the guitar with a few modifications I'm able to play some nice sounding chord progressions.

It's fun I sat in the garden in the shade of a plum tree with a can of booze and a tenor uke bashing out a few old standards
Thanks to anyone who replies to my post I'ts nice to be Nice look for the Red Rose of Lancashire
justjack
Mad For It

Post by justjack »

Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Re: uke for fun

Post by Caballero »

Clarky Clarke wrote:Hi Teddy why are you shocked at my posting

Don't worry, his post merely indicates that he was caught short before he posted some charts and had to dash off to the potty. Rubber pants can only hold so much.
emicad

Post by emicad »

contact this guy, he's a friend
http://www.dukeofuke.co.uk/
Teddy Dupont

Re: uke for fun

Post by Teddy Dupont »

Clarky Clarke wrote: It's fun I sat in the garden in the shade of a plum tree with a can of booze and a tenor uke bashing out a few old standards
I understand both your neighbours have since put their houses up for sale despite the state of the market.
Caballero wrote:
Clarky Clarke wrote:Hi Teddy why are you shocked at my posting
Don't worry, his post merely indicates that he was caught short before he posted some charts and had to dash off to the potty. Rubber pants can only hold so much.
Well at least I don't wear them on my head with the motive "Shit for Brains". :D
Clarky Clarke

I only asked

Post by Clarky Clarke »

I make a living as a stand up comic It's nice to see a little fun being added to the forum as well as some usefull information.

Both of my neighbours have hearing problems but when I started to play they came into the garden and started to waltz.I was playing the okey cokey.
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Re: I only asked

Post by Caballero »

Clarky Clarke wrote:I make a living as a stand up comic It's nice to see a little fun being added to the forum

It's nice you said that, some posts are taken too seriously, I'm always goofing off, can't help it. Sometimes, people like Teddy, use vulgar language, which can be off-putting to newbies or those who don't like reading that sort of smut. But yes, there is a vast mine of all things Django here, some very good players and knowledgeable afficionados from all over the world pop by from time to time. For instance, once, I had a long chat with Babik Reinhardt but even MORE impressive, Teddy, when he was in his late teens, was taken by his Father to see Django in London, back in the day. For all his smutmouth, Teddy is a monster Django- head. He's been in the process of compiling a book of all the pictures that were taken that day of him with Django. Well, thats what he keeps going on about. Maybe he's telling porkies, but who cares? it's a laugh.
Teddy Dupont

Re: I only asked

Post by Teddy Dupont »

Caballero wrote: Teddy is a monster Django- head. He's been in the process of compiling a book of all the pictures that were taken that day of him with Django. Well, thats what he keeps going on about. Maybe he's telling porkies, but who cares? it's a laugh.
.........and just to prove the uniqueness and incredible desirability of my photo collection, here is one you will never have seen before because I took it in Django's Montmartre apartment in 1948. :D :roll:
Attachments
Django Montmartre.JPG
Django Montmartre.JPG (3.05 KiB) Viewed 24201 times
Last edited by Teddy Dupont on Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teddy Dupont

Post by Teddy Dupont »

Another extremely rare pic. This time of Django and myself in the USA:-
Attachments
Django & Me.jpg
Clarky Clarke

Great pictures Teddy

Post by Clarky Clarke »

Great pictures Teddy
We shall have to get you two digging at each other more often,it's very entertaining and produces interesting results.
Was Django easy to get along with.
Thrip

Re: Great pictures Teddy

Post by Thrip »

Clarky Clarke wrote: We shall have to get you two digging at each other more often,it's very entertaining and produces interesting results..
Just look at any random thread from the past. You'll see that it's the main theme of this forum.
:roll:
Jono

Post by Jono »

There's also a little known recording of one of their conversations:
Attachments
TeddyAndDjango.jpg
They may be drinkers, Robin, but they're still human beings.
Clarky Clarke

Great Forum

Post by Clarky Clarke »

Yes Thrip It's fantastic a forum that enables great musicians to share there know how to help anyone who wants to make music.

Caballero,evidently a master of disguise much in demand at Christmas and Teddy a monster Django head with that subtle approach,both capable of extracting the urine give the forum a light hearted feel.

It's nice to include a little hummer as a comic I try to do this most of the time,you have to be able to take a joke as well as dish one out.