Jazz ukuele

Welcome to the Hotclub Forum

Moderators: Caballero, Zoot

Teddy Dupont

Post by Teddy Dupont »

I think we need to clear the air here Clarky. I am a serious academic who has spend 50 years studying the life and music of Django Reinhardt when not helping out in our local church. Cabo, on the other hand, is a foul-mouth, big girl's blouse with a most unpleasant personal problem and breath that has been known to stun an ox at 40 yards.

I think this picture says it all:-
Attachments
CABO PASSING WIND.jpg
Clarky Clarke

Lets get back to music

Post by Clarky Clarke »

Lets get back to music Teddy it's turning into a personal slanging thred.
Thanks to anyone who replies to my post I'ts nice to be Nice look for the Red Rose of Lancashire
Cattermole

Post by Cattermole »

Teddy, you must have more photos of Cabo than I've got of my daughter. I'm beginning to think he might be some pissed up, back stairs job of yours about which you still haven't acheived closure. I think we should be told. :D
"...somebody correct me please if i have said bullshits"
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Post by Caballero »

I agree Catty, it IS disturbing regarding the amount of pics he's got of me. I feel....stalked. As usual, Teddy didn't come along to IGGF this weekend....or perhaps he did? hiding behind tents taking MORE pics of me, probably even sneaking into my tent and sniffing my hideously buttery pants that were on the floor, y'know, to get his 'kicks'. In fact, he probably snuck into Gandorfs, Gmajors, Ricardos, Zoots tents and sniffed theirs too, when they were watching the gigs. He probably had enough time to gather all the buttery pants together for one big toot and put them back. Ugh! repulsive.
nwilkins

Re: Lets get back to music

Post by nwilkins »

Clarky Clarke wrote:Lets get back to music Teddy it's turning into a personal slanging thred.
oh clarky clarke you really are new here.
Teddy Dupont

Post by Teddy Dupont »

Cattermole wrote:Teddy, you must have more photos of Cabo than I've got of my daughter. I'm beginning to think he might be some pissed up, back stairs job of yours about which you still haven't acheived closure. I think we should be told. :D
There are photos of him all over the internet like a really nasty rash. Believe it or not, he actually voluntarily published that photo I posted. I would suggest that for his next birthday someone not only gives him a crate of deoderant but also some glasses.
Caballero wrote:I agree Catty, it IS disturbing regarding the amount of pics he's got of me. I feel....stalked. As usual, Teddy didn't come along to IGGF this weekend....or perhaps he did? hiding behind tents taking MORE pics of me, probably even sneaking into my tent and sniffing my hideously buttery pants that were on the floor, y'know, to get his 'kicks'. In fact, he probably snuck into Gandorfs, Gmajors, Ricardos, Zoots tents and sniffed theirs too, when they were watching the gigs. He probably had enough time to gather all the buttery pants together for one big toot and put them back. Ugh! repulsive.
Clarky please protect me from this disgusting diviant. I am desperate to get back to discussing jazz uke. Then can we talk about mandolins?

Anything worth seeing at Gossington Cabo? I hope my absence did not completely spoil it for you all. :D
Clarky Clarke

Cabo's anthem

Post by Clarky Clarke »

O.K I Think Cabo should have his own anthem that can be sung by all the lads at Samois.

I'll start it and the rest of you add or change it around until we succeed.

This is to the old Perry Como song Magic Moments.

I'll never forget the smell of his sweat the stench of his armpit.

He lifted his arm it smelt like a farm especially the cesspit

magic moments memories we are sharing
Thanks to anyone who replies to my post I'ts nice to be Nice look for the Red Rose of Lancashire
Teddy Dupont

Re: Cabo's anthem

Post by Teddy Dupont »

Clarky Clarke wrote:
He lifted his arm it smelt like a farm especially the cesspit
Hey Clarky. I didn't know you had actually met him.
Cattermole

Post by Cattermole »

Teddy Dupont wrote:There are photos of him all over the internet like a really nasty rash.
He's not your love child then?

By the way, Teddy, I really like your playing(Teddy'll provide the link). Very musical and an object lesson in how 300bpm really isn't necessary.

What pick do you use? :roll:
"...somebody correct me please if i have said bullshits"
Teddy Dupont

Post by Teddy Dupont »

Cattermole wrote:
Teddy Dupont wrote:There are photos of him all over the internet like a really nasty rash.
He's not your love child then?
If he were, I would have throttled him at birth.
Cattermole wrote: By the way, Teddy, I really like your playing(Teddy'll provide the link). Very musical and an object lesson in how 300bpm really isn't necessary.
Wow! :shock: Thank you. :oops: I don't know how to handle compliments. I am much more used to responding to insults on this forum.

I can, of course, play at speeds well above 300bpm with consummate ease but keep it at around 10bpm for ethical and religious reasons.

Cattermole wrote:What pick do you use? :roll:
If I told you, I would have to kill you.
Clarky Clarke

Cabo will come back

Post by Clarky Clarke »

Do'nt over do it with Cabo folks he is holding back only to hit you hard with a verbal bashing.
I've been listening to his music and I like it, If I ever get the chance to meet him I'm prepared to stand close enough to enjoy his playing.
Do you folks use nylon strings if so tell me the best to buy.
I'm not sure I should ever ask another question,look what happened
when I asked about a Jazz Uke.
I've made the mistake of using to many chord voicings .
Please someone send me a chart of the chords you use and I'll scrap the
crap.
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Post by Caballero »

Actually, I did pong a bit coming back from Goss.
There were excellent bands on this year. Some geezer filmed the whole thing. Hopefully that'll be available at some point.
Yes, Teddy, we all missed you. Why didn't you come?
In fact, there were a few of the usual suspects awol.
Fijkelie had to have a reinforced chair for his set.
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

I was most disappointed that Teddy wasn't there to sign copies of his new book 'The King And I'. Although , funnily enough, I am missing a pair of soiled under crackers.
Teddy Dupont

Post by Teddy Dupont »

Ricardo wrote: .... Although , funnily enough, I am missing a pair of soiled under crackers.
Ummm. Have you noticed Cabo's odd headgear recently?
Clarky Clarke

Uke great fun

Post by Clarky Clarke »

I love playing this Tenor Uke I've tuned it to the top four strings of the guitar with an high D.I don't use a pick I use my Thumb and first finger.It's great fun to play. I tuned a Tenor banjo the same way, to get the string tension right I mucked about with a few nylon strings and for the G string I used the nylon cord from my garden strimmer,it gives a good sound.