Lehmann guitars

Makers of Gypsy Jazz guitars

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Lehmann guitars

Postby emicad » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:07 am

emicad

Lehmann

Postby pmh425 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:04 pm

I tried a number at a guitar show in NY (Long Island) in the spring and was very impressed with them. They sounded wonderful and some have a sound port that not only helps the player hear the guitar better but also opens up the sound. Bernie Lehmann was there and was happy to explain his approach. They are not (nor meant to be) an exact copy of a Selmer style instrument but, that said, I would buy one in a second if I had the funds.
pmh425

Postby bbwood_98 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:07 pm

Bernie' a great builder and the guitars really are loud . . . that said- they don't sound exactly like the other selmer copies out there (bracing is different) . . . but more complex and a bit like and old parlor guitar . .
Bernies such a nice guy, and a really huge fan of old swing music- plus he makes a bunch of other mean looking and sounding guitars (with individual touches in all of them). I really dig the sound port, the next guitar I have done will have one for sure.
Cheers,
B.
bbwood_98

Any other opinions?

Postby John B » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:18 am

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone else has had the opportunity to play any Lehmann guitars since the last post?

Regards,
John
John B

Postby justjack » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:32 am

Hi John,

I played a few at a festival a few months ago. They're beautiful instruments and really reflect Bernie's individuality, but I wouldn't buy one as a strictly Gypsy Jazz guitar myself. If you're playing a few different styles, they're definitely worth looking into!

Also, I remember video being shot of Andreas Oberg playing one at the fest; maybe it'll show up on Bernie's site...

Best,
Jack.
justjack
Mad For It

Thanks!

Postby John B » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:37 pm

Thanks for your replies!
John B

Re: Lehmann guitars

Postby chal.nikkal » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:14 am

Bernies such a nice guy, and a really huge fan of old swing music- plus he makes a bunch of other mean looking and sounding guitars (with individual touches in all of them). I really dig the sound port, the next guitar I have done will have one for sure. ???
chal.nikkal

Return to Luthiers