Going to Samois for the first time

Welcome to the Hotclub Forum

Moderators: Caballero, Zoot

Postby rimmm » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:32 pm

Guys !! what a great weekend had by all-new friendships formed great music, great food and mighty craic-Anyone who was there send me a p.m!
rimmm

Postby samois » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:02 pm

We agree - a memorable time with fab weather - loved having tents at the bottom of the garden and visitors in the house. Will do it all again next year and look forward to seeing you if you can make it.
samois

Postby Bonzo01 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:27 am

What about you guys!! I would like to say that i dont think it could have been better. Fantastic hosts, nice house, good jamming nice weather and no hang overs!! Maybe next year we could find a double bass player!! Hope those chickens are still laying.
Bonzo01

Postby rimmm » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:46 pm

Hey Paul, Miss your amazing cooking and craic-
The things you can do with a tin opener and some good old British spunk brought tears to my eyes buddy. If I can get over again next year it would only be on the proviso that you can rustle up a similar meal again, or no dice.
Great great playing by the way-I think it was videoed or at least some of it??
rimmm

Postby Brett » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:28 am

rimmm wrote:...The things you can do with a tin opener and some good old British spunk brought tears to my eyes buddy....

:shock: You might find this book helpful for next year's visit http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/n ... es/5198959
Brett

Postby rimmm » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:30 am

It worries me that you were aware of such a book..
rimmm

Re: Going to Samois for the first time

Postby barefootguitar » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:07 pm

Hello!

I'm very interested in camping in your back yard! If there is still a place please email me :)
barefootguitar

Postby samois » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:12 pm

Hello to all the Samois jazz festival fans. Have just noticed that the website are selling the 5-day pass for €88 instead of €110 until the 31st Jan and thought I should let you all know! See http://www.festivaldjangoreinhardt.com/

And another point...had a nearly disastrous experience last year when one of the UK campers ordered a pass online, thinking he could collect it at the 'booking office' in the square at Samois but it turned out to be that the only place you could collect it was the ticket booth at CARREFOUR the supermaket, about a dozen km from here. Being a kind Samois-resident I drove him there but don't particularly want to have to do this again!! :roll:
samois

Postby samois » Thu May 23, 2013 6:54 am

SAMOIS BED and BREAKFAST: Thinking of coming to the festival this year? I live 2 mins stroll away from the square in Samois have one double room with adjoining sitting room (sofabed) with own shower room available during the festival, so please contact me if you are interested. I also speak French and can help with day-to-day queries!
samois

Previous

Return to Welcome