Teachers in ROMA

The first thirty years are the worst

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Teachers in ROMA

Postby tommaso » Fri May 19, 2006 11:01 am

Hi all,
I am at that point, of my study of GJ guitar, in which, after the initial period with great progresses, the improvements are now much more slow and hard.
I need a qualified teacher who help me to do the ?quality jump?.

Is there anybody who knows where I can find one in ROMA (ITALY) ? Or at least where to find opportunities to come close to GJ guitar teaching (i.e. workshops, clinic, etc.) in ROMA?

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks Django!
tommaso

Postby mazzo » Fri May 19, 2006 5:15 pm

ciao T.

C'é il manomanouche trio a Torino. Loro danno lezioni private e masterclass. Da Nunzio ho imparato il cosidetto rest stroke e da Luca il movimento libero della mano destra. Due delle cose piú importanti. Hanno una website www.manomanouchetrio.it (o simile?).
Manomanouche trio the best gypsy jazzers in Italy giving lessons if you want; playing 6times a week.
mazzo

Postby frater » Fri May 19, 2006 9:04 pm

I used to think the same. Then I heard this:

http://www.jacopomartini.com/
"Et pas besoin d'avoir de fines moustaches pour jouer cette musique!" B. Lagréne
frater

Rome

Postby Nolan » Mon May 22, 2006 9:06 am

Hi My name is Robin Nolan and I wonder if you can help me.
Me and my wife are visiting Rome this week 24,25,26,May and can't find ANY accomodations! (below crazy prices) Do you know of anything? Or have a room to rent? Also is there any music going on?

Thanks,

Robin
Nolan

Postby frater » Mon May 22, 2006 8:42 pm

Hi Robin,

I live in Milan but I'm often in Rome for work: I tried to check out the situation in some hotels I usually go, but no way: it's a real mess in those days! Quite strange... does the Pope give away plenary indulgences during 24, 25 , 26 of May? :)

Best

Franco
"Et pas besoin d'avoir de fines moustaches pour jouer cette musique!" B. Lagréne
frater

Return to How to play Gypsy Jazz guitar