angelos gypsy guitars

The first thirty years are the worst

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

angelos gypsy guitars

Postby james hart » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:16 pm

hello everyone, i've been listening to angelo's gypsy guitars album a lot. a whole lot.on the first tune, is it blues minor, after the intro and head, the first lick descends from a, then ascends up to b flat. i can't get this lick by ear, does anyone know this lick, or where i can find a tab . thank you
shut up and play your guitar
james hart

Re: angelos gypsy guitars

Postby emicad » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:51 pm

james hart wrote:hello everyone, i've been listening to angelo's gypsy guitars album a lot. a whole lot.on the first tune, is it blues minor, after the intro and head, the first lick descends from a, then ascends up to b flat. i can't get this lick by ear, does anyone know this lick, or where i can find a tab . thank you

Hi James, i have tha t disc and i've understood what you need, it's an amazing phrase (as most of Angelo's vocabulary). It's long and hard to write so i can recommend you to download a slow-downer software, able to make the song really really slow without change the pitch, so you can hear all the notes. Personally i use "Rony music amazing slow downer", it's full of options and easy to use, look on the net and you'll solve your problem for all the songs and licks you want to learn.
Bye :wink:
emicad

Return to How to play Gypsy Jazz guitar