All people that want that swing in their impros, read this.

The first thirty years are the worst

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Postby BluesBopHarry » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:29 pm

As a continuation to Rich's post, I second the "Get gypsy picking" advice.
Transcribe solos and phrases you like and in the case of Django it might be a good idea to use two fingers to figure out where he played a particular set of notes* (no need for the duct tape though), but after you`ve got it, use all your fingers except if it`s more economical with two.

*Often overlooked is the fact that while the right hand is very unothodox it works in conjuction with very unusual fingerings on the left, that way you really reap the benefits of GP, you can get more info about this on "Gypsy Picking" and when you`re ready "Gypsy Fire".
Good luck!
BluesBopHarry

Postby Tipsy Jazz » Mon May 07, 2007 11:13 am

I'll probably be ritually stoned to death next time i'm at the Que for this, but...

Does anyone else ever get immediately very bored listening to Bireli and the like?

It seems to me that their all suffering from egotismal diarrhea, lacking Django's or any other discerning musician's talent for calming down and just making a nice tune for a bit.
Tipsy Jazz

Postby Cattermole » Mon May 07, 2007 2:22 pm

Tipsy Jazz wrote:Does anyone else ever get immediately very bored listening to Bireli and the like?

Yes. For the same reasons you appear to.
"...somebody correct me please if i have said bullshits"
Cattermole

Previous

Return to How to play Gypsy Jazz guitar