New Gypsy Jazz Guitar lessons on Youtube!!

The first thirty years are the worst

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

New Gypsy Jazz Guitar lessons on Youtube!!

Postby jdmiya » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:16 pm

Hello Everyone!
I want to tell you all about my new Gypsy Jazz guitar Youtube channel, "GypsyJazzUncut"! My channel is for all of those wishing to improve their Gypsy Jazz Guitar soloing and I have just completed the first of my "mini-series" which I am very happy about.

The "Break-down" "mini-series" that I will be uploading will deal with learning by taking a solo, breaking it down and looking at/learning a small chunk of the solo in every short video, with the aim being to have learned the whole solo by the end of the series.

The "Lick Library", is a section on my channel where I will upload many short videos of "Gypsy Jazz licks". As I said, the videos will be very short and simply consist of myself playing through the lick once at full speed and then a couple of times slowly. Each video will have a name for example "2-5-1 in CMAJ lick" or "E7 lick" so you know what chord to play the lick over. They will also say the difficulty of the lick in brackets - (Beginner), (Med), (Hard). The idea is to have a resource that you can just dip into when you feel like learning a new lick.

I will be working on new ideas for series and other content as the channel progresses - there are so many areas to explore in gypsy Jazz! I will also be uploading one-off videos when ever I feel there is something useful that I have to share.

Anyway, I would be very grateful if you guys would have a look at my new channel and if you like what you see, please do subscribe to help support my channel and to keep updated with all my latest content .

Cheers! :)

Link to the Channel - youtube.com/channel/UC8QIhYXALyG5aVHqNosmTWg
jdmiya

Re: New Gypsy Jazz Guitar lessons on Youtube!!

Postby Run » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:10 am

Thank you :) I'm just looking for lesson for beginner :) Do you have Jazz chords tutorial? Your channel has only Lick lessons, doesn't it ?
Less is More. http://chords.tv/
Run

Re: New Gypsy Jazz Guitar lessons on Youtube!!

Postby Swingin B. » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:28 pm

[quote="Run"]Thank you :) I'm just looking for lesson for beginner :) Do you have Jazz chords tutorial? Your channel has only Lick lessons, doesn't it ?[/quote]

Hi Run,

take a look at the website [url]http://www.jazzmanouche.de/de/learning-gj-guitar/online-lessons-workshops-2/%E2%80%A2%E2%80%A2%E2%80%A2-all-about-chords/jm-chord-lexikon.html[/url]

They have an online-lexicon of chords as well as for download as pdf-ebook. They also have more other ebooks and lessons as well as live and onlibe tutorials on that issue your´re looking for as a beginner.
keep up the swing,
Swingin B.
Swingin B.

Return to How to play Gypsy Jazz guitar