looking for dimauro...

Yahoo this way.......

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

looking for dimauro...

Postby john train » Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:15 am

hello... wondering if anyone could be of help in locating a dimauro... f-hole equipped model... been looking online, and it seems i'm always a bit too late, nothing in the shops here of course... willing to trade as well... have a not often used lately gibson 46 es-125 and a late 40's/perhaps early 50's lg-1... would have to check the serial number... thanks in advance for any help, nice forum you have here...
john train

Postby nwilkins » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:57 pm

There appears to be one for sale in the guitars section of this Japanese site:

http://www.swing-express.com/gypsystrings.htm

Palm Guitars in the Netherlands had one recently but it sold.
nwilkins

Postby john train » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:41 pm

thanks much... seems i keep missing them... wish i could read japanese... although after shipping costs, etc... the price would be too too much, i assume... also if anyone's interested i saw a lehmann in a shop here in nyc on 23rd st., around 1500 i think, wasn't totally blown away by it at all... plus, cosmetically, i'm attracted the f-holes on the dimauro models. i wish the dell arte reissues weren't so pricey...
john train

Postby nwilkins » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:54 am

You could always email Akio Anzai to find out about that guitar - he speaks English and is a very nice guy (I have bought stuff from him and it went smoothly).
nwilkins

Di Mauro Heart shape soundhole - Original pieces and case !!

Postby dominik » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:32 am

I have a original Di Mauro guitar with original tuners, bridge and tailpiece. The guitar is in perfect condition no cracks, one superficial dig on it. The guitar is in my family for about 60-70 years. It also comes with it's original case !!!

The guitar for sale at gypsyjazzguitars.com is the same but that one has no original piece on it and it's without the original case.
http://www.gypsyguitars.com/makers.php?id=24&status_id=

My guitar has everything + the case.

Difficult to price it. Only interesting offers will be consider.

Images coming soon !
dominik

Return to Guitars picks and strings etc..