WHICH PICK UP IS BEST??

Yahoo this way.......

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

WHICH PICK UP IS BEST??

Postby soundsofsoul » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:11 pm

HAVE JUST PURCHASED A GITANE LULO REINHARDT SIGNATURE MODEL...REALLY PLEASED WITH IT BUT WANT TO INSTALL A PICK UP AND AM SLIGHTLY CONFUSED!...AT MOMENT LOOKING AT SCHATTEN PICKUP FOR SELMER MACCAFERRI GYPSY JAZZ GUITAR AND Krivo Magnetic Gypsy Jazz Guitar pickup...'STIMER LOOK A LIKE' .. BOTH PRICED AT AROUND £100 .. ANY FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE OF THESE PICK UPS WOULD BE REALLY HELPFULL..THANKS..SIMON
soundsofsoul

Postby Brett » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:15 pm

Please. I've got a hangover.
Brett

Postby soundsofsoul » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:55 pm

Brett wrote:Please. I've got a hangover.

haven't we all!
soundsofsoul

Re: WHICH PICK UP IS BEST??

Postby thelittlewiseowl » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:27 pm

I would love some advice on pickups too. I've tried bigtone (a bit metallic), and a KK (better sound but more prone to feedback). The Schertler DYN-G is a bit pricy so I was wondering whether to give up on an acoustic sound and get a Krivo. I use a Fishman DI which has notch and phase but feedback is still a problem in noisy venues. It is a headache and when I look at all the options on djangobooks I feel like giving up and buying a danelectro! This looks interesting though: http://www.djangobooks.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=10239
thelittlewiseowl

Postby thelittlewiseowl » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Oh and the SCHATTEN is worse than both KK and bigtone in my opinion for sound and feedback.
thelittlewiseowl

Postby cyclonico » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:24 pm

Replying to an old thread...

For rhythm guitar I found that a microphone is the best pick-up.
I use the Bartlett Guitar Mic, but the Audiotechnica Pro70 is good too. I use a Headway EDB-1, you will need a notch filter.
I have played in medium sized room, and with the notch filter of the EDB-1, I have not had any problem.

I have also tried a BigTone, Schertler Stat-Macc, Schertler Dyn-G.
The Schertler Stat-Macc is tricky to install correctly, and I believe you need a Schertler pre-amp to power it (10V).
The Schertler Dyn-G and BigTone are good for lead guitar, but I find that I cannot get the right sound for La Pompe.

I have a Schertler Stat-Macc (new cork might be needed) and a Schertler Pre-A III for sale.

ND.
cyclonico

Postby KristianK » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:02 pm

First of all soundofsoul, you have a button on the left side of your keyboard which may be helpful..

And when it comes to pickups it's quite tricky. Leo Eimers has a very good guide on his website, check it out at http://eimersguitars.com/amplification/
Personally i prefer a mix of the bigtone and a DPA4099. Please note that i use a LRbaggs Paracoustic DI with the bigtone, as the bigtone sounds best with a good preamp and proper EQing before the DI.
KristianK

Return to Guitars picks and strings etc..