Modifications? Opinions Please

Yahoo this way.......

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Modifications? Opinions Please

Postby coldwar » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:21 am

I've got a Chinese made Dell'Arte Hommage. It was a good deal I think, second hand, almost brand new at $600. I'm wondering about how to approach some little improvements to this guitar- would it hurt the value any to add a strap button to the heel? How about better Tuners? (It comes with very plain looking chrome Grovers). And does an upgraded tailpiece make any improvement to the sound quality on these cheaper instruments? That's about all I'm considering. I was contemplating cutting off the run-off frets section that extends over the sound hole- at first I thought it looked stupid, but it has grown on me. But does anybody actually play up there? I find they don't give much of a tone, just a "plink" sound.

Postby Thrip » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:18 am

Just leave it alone and save your money to get a better guitar if and when you need one. Add a strap button if you really want to play standing up. Certainly don't take a saw to the end of the fretboard!

Re: Modifications? Opinions Please

Postby steaveford » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:55 pm

I have a Chinese made Dell'Arte Hommage. It was a good deal I guess, second-hand, almost brand new $ 600. I'm wondering about how to address some improvements to this little guitar would hurt any value to add a strap button on the heel. this is a best Tuners.

Return to Guitars picks and strings etc..