Gitane Parisians

Yahoo this way.......

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Gitane Parisians

Postby coldwar » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:10 am

I finally got my Parisians today from an Ebay seller. It took over 6 weeks, I was beginning to give up hope! Anyway, I bought 3 sets of 011 - 048 for my long scale Dell'Arte Hommage. Beautiful warm tone! The guitar's previous owner had electric guitar strings on it. These sound and feel so much nicer.

I'm far from being a Gypsy Jazz player yet, aside from having learned the basic strum, which I prefer doing by "frailing" an alternating pattern with my thumb and my fingernails. I'm just trying this out with some simple Leon Redbone songs, to which I can do a slower Gypsy beat. A comfortable beginning, but I hope to challenge myself with more advanced suggestions as found here in your Forums.
coldwar

Postby GrimFandjango » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:17 pm

If you can afford it, I recommend Denis Chang's excellent DVDs:

"Jazz Manouche: The Art of Accompaniment" and his series "Jazz Manouche: Technique and Improvisation".

They are very well done and have helped my technique and playing immensely.

You can find them here: http://www.hyperhipmedia.com/catalogue.html

In my opinion this is some of the best training material out there for us Gadjo types who don't have the luxury of being able to train with the "Real McCoy".

I am in no way affiliated with Denis or Hyperhipmedia.

-Grim
-The right note is only ever a half step away.
GrimFandjango

Re: Gitane Parisians

Postby steaveford » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:11 am

Gitane Parisians is a very nice product. Really i like this product and a am use this product
steaveford

Return to Guitars picks and strings etc..