Gitane DG-320

Yahoo this way.......

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Gitane DG-320

Postby Gus » Thu May 17, 2007 9:47 am

Hello all,

great site! I'm new round here and this is my first post. Just wondered if anyone knows anything about the Gitane DG-320 (Jorgenson signature model with D hole, 14 frets to the body and longer scale).

I have ordered one but have now been informed that these guitars were recalled due to a bracing problem. Anyone know anything about this? Anyone played one or experienced any problems?

I've emailed Saga and they said in a rather vague manner that they have no idea when they'll be able to re-design and re-ship the guitar. It's a shame, as I liked the idea of the longer scale combined with the D hole (as opposed to the D-500 with the shorter scale. I also find the neck on the D-500 a little chunky).

So, my next and last question is: Does anyone know of a make / model of guitar which is a 14 frets to the body D hole for around the same amount of money as the Gitane?

Thanks in advance,

Gus
Gus

Postby manoucheries » Thu May 17, 2007 11:58 am

Here's some informations about the DG320 an there's more on Djangobooks forum
http://www.djangobooks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2284

If you want a 14 fred D hole gypsy guitar take a look here.It's an asian
made Dell'Arte and it has a low price to...but is not avaible yet but this summer I think I'll buy one myself.I love the looks of this guitar(and of course the price)
https://shoppingcart.djangobooks.com/it ... ink.html...
Attachments
Dell'Arte Homage H-1.JPG
manoucheries

Postby Rene » Thu May 17, 2007 12:57 pm

I played these Asian made Dell' Artes at Frankfurt this year. Awful, and 4/5ths of them were broken. On the trade stand at the biggest show around.
Rene

Postby BluesBopHarry » Fri May 18, 2007 6:30 am

I played these Asian made Dell' Artes at Frankfurt this year. Awful, and 4/5ths of them were broken. On the trade stand at the biggest show around.

That's funny...as far as I know they aren't available anywhere yet.
Maybe you're talking about the pre -Music Link asian Dell artes?

I played a Pigalle (pre Music link) at Djangofest LA this year and it was amazing, Andreas Oberg seemed to like it too and said to the the owner that it was a really, really good Selmer replica, it was way better than a Gitane in my opinion... I've been looking for one ever since.
Asian made and really good.
Maybe I'll even buy one when they come out (just in time for DjangofestNW)... I wouldn't buy one without playing it first, but if they are as good as that Djangofest Pigalle...look out Saga and all budget GJ brands.
BluesBopHarry

14 Fret D-Hole

Postby Nev » Fri May 18, 2007 12:17 pm

I have two 14-DHoles that'll be ready in a couple of weeks or so. These are hand made replica's with solid spruce tops and mahogony necks.

This guitar will sell at around 650.00 plus shipping etc.

I'll post some pics when they're ready.

If you want to hear a Harmsworth & Willis guitar, go to YouTube and search for Jimmy Rosenberg, go for the Hungaria clip and you'll see (and hear) Jimmy playing a H&W D-Hole.

Alternatively, visit the web-site and you can hear me playing one.

Hmmm.... tough choice :D

Cheers

Nev Willis
Nev

Postby justjack » Fri May 18, 2007 4:47 pm

BluesBopHarry wrote:

That's funny...as far as I know they aren't available anywhere yet.
Maybe you're talking about the pre -Music Link asian Dell artes?

I played a Pigalle (pre Music link) at Djangofest LA this year and it was amazing, Andreas Oberg seemed to like it too and said to the the owner that it was a really, really good Selmer replica, it was way better than a Gitane in my opinion... I've been looking for one ever since.
Asian made and really good.
Maybe I'll even buy one when they come out (just in time for DjangofestNW)... I wouldn't buy one without playing it first, but if they are as good as that Djangofest Pigalle...look out Saga and all budget GJ brands.

I heard from Alain at Dell Arte that they'd pushed back the release of these models to deal with some issues-it's possible that the Frankfurt prototypes were indeed some of the 'older' versions. Frankly, I'm glad to hear he's willing to delay the release to get it right instead of just rushing them to market...a friend of mine has the early prototype of the Nolan model, and it's a great guitar. He mentioned that he wasn't crazy about the tuners, and it turns out that was one of the things getting an overhaul on the new versions. I think the new line should be available in a couple of months if all goes well.

best,
Jack.
justjack
Mad For It

Postby FSUGypsyJazz » Fri May 18, 2007 5:37 pm

Wow- That is cheap for one of the asian Dell Arte's. I have been thinking about wanting to get another Grande Bouche model my Gitane D-500 went up for trade on another guitar after I got my Hommage. One of them may do the trick. I like taking my Dell Arte I have now to school jams because there is never an amp, but then again it is really my most expensive guitar so I worry about it.
Keep Swingin!
Caleb
FSUGypsyJazz

Postby BluesBopHarry » Fri May 18, 2007 7:30 pm

FSUGypsyJazz wrote:Wow- That is cheap for one of the asian Dell Arte's. I have been thinking about wanting to get another Grande Bouche model my Gitane D-500 went up for trade on another guitar after I got my Hommage. One of them may do the trick. I like taking my Dell Arte I have now to school jams because there is never an amp, but then again it is really my most expensive guitar so I worry about it.

Yeah...that would be really cool, to have a handmade Hommage to practice and high end gigs and a cheaper copy as a combat guitar...sounds ideal.

Jack:
Yes I heard the tuners were the problem...we'll see how they are like in a few months...but I have a hunch they're gonna kill the Sagas.
BluesBopHarry

Return to Guitars picks and strings etc..