schertler dyn system

Yahoo this way.......

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Postby neill » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:34 pm

right! i'm gonna get one now... watch this space for progress reports.. i'm off work sick at the moment was just trying my schertler again.. it's just really honky and buzzy... :(
neill

Postby Caballero » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:56 pm

Zoot wrote:Do not be fooled, Bireli's mics are Shure drum mics and were there for the monitor system only.
It is the Numan condenser mics that give that great sound.

Having had Honos Shure mic plugged into my axe, it most certainly wasn't used just for monitor. The sound was FAT and natural, however, the price of the mic was FAT and un-natural.
I'm very interested to hear if Matts new mic is the dogs.
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Postby Zoot » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:31 pm

Look at this regarding Stochelo and Romans Gypsy Jazz Masters
Also an Audio Technica

http://www.djangostation.com/article.ph ... 3#forum868
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Zoot
Site Admin

Postby Zoot » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:38 pm

Cabbo wrote:Having had Honos plugged into mine it most certainly wasn't used just for playing with.
It was FAT and natural.

:shock:
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Zoot
Site Admin

Postby neill » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:56 am

I just received delivery of an AT831b lavalier mic.. first impressions are that it's ideal... lovely sound reproduction with none of the buzz I used to get with the schertler.. I reckon that the buzzing on the schertler must have physically been the pickup itself "bouncing" on the surface of the guitar.. why others didn't get this is a mystery.. however i'm happy with the mic so far and i'll let you know how it gigs... if any pub landlords ever want to listen to gypsy jazz in dorset...!
neill

Previous

Return to Guitars picks and strings etc..