samois 2009

International Gypsy Jazz performances or meetings

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

samois 2009

Postby djangojock » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:03 pm

Is anyone in the LONDON area driving to Samois & would like to share petrol? call Lee 07933056937 or 02074192940
djangojock

Postby Gadjo » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:41 pm

It's been far too silent here for a few days. Please give me the guitarists' review of the goings on. I have been getting a running report from a violinist mate all week now but get the feeling he missed the good stuff as he doesn't stay out past midnight!

This is the last (and first) time I'm missing out.
Gadjo

Postby pinkgary » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:42 pm

All i can say is that there's a new kid in town..... Pico Reinhardt, the most natural player out there. Straight from the heart....
Keep music Evil
pinkgary

Postby maca » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:20 pm

Hell yeah Pico da Man! :twisted:
maca

Postby Caballero » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:13 am

I thought it was spelt 'Peeko' ? I remember asking the guy that handles him about that and he said the spelling had never crossed his mind! crazy.
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Postby maca » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:18 am

I don't suppose he can write/spell his name being a Reinhardt :roll:

Anyway some clouded memories -
Norig, really bringing all kinds of Gypsy elements together right back to India through the middle east and to todays music.
Avishai Cohen storming it.
Funky stuff from Romane and kids and a Rhythm Futur with Stochelo.
Loud booing and a bit of a rave.
Nice stuff from Kamlo and a great set of standards from Rocky Gresset.

Away from the stage -
Playing Moustache Guitars, SERIOUS volume.
ALD not so.
Expensive Hahl
Nice jammin and general naughtiness @ The Royall Enclosure
The emergence of Pico/Peeko :twisted:
Having Dorado walk up to our tent Saturday at 10am when he has obviously had no kip and having to entertain him for 4 hours while he played my guitar during a little bit of rain and bled all over the thing whilst I was still in me P J's.

Great festival 8)
maca

Postby Caballero » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:36 pm

For me, Chantel on Saturday night was kicking!!!, Avishi Cohen, Samson. Mojitos!!!!! everyday! fun stuff included playing with my buddies Jason, Rino, Olivier Kikteff, the scally-scousers, Jeroen, indulgent usage of the C- word, getting shitted with Vandenberg, seeing/jamming with loads of friends, talking utter bollocks, Peeko, British Sintis, the Grolsch Kanon (11.6%) brrrrrrr..., looking at lotsa fine ladies, admiration for Dorado caned at 10.30 in the morning playing Mickys guitar.
Downers - waking up sweating in sleeping bag with hideous head troubles every morning and a dodgy escargot.
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Postby Mobreau » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:40 pm

From "the other side" of the festival down at samerou we has some really cool jam sessions also. A couple of nights we had Fapy playing with Lollo and Seb Ginaux another night Fapy and Tchavalo and as always adrein,matieu seb etc . But it was actually nice to see new faces there this year. It really lifted the vibe, it has been getting pretty damn pretentious for a while!! hhhmm what else......oh I got completely shit faced :roll:

Loved the Norig gig, enjoyed Costel. Wished I had seen more of you lot at petit but christ, its enough energy to make it to a jam the otherside of our campsite, let alone to watch johnny playing with his dinkle von donker.
Mobreau

Postby Ricardo » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:02 pm

Is this the pissed up Dorado incident? Nice to see he's using the 'Just for men' these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWlW043v ... re=related
Ricardo

Postby Caballero » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:21 am

Mobreau wrote: let alone to watch johnny playing with his dinkle von donker.

Jason's got a donker von dinkler now , 1800 euros. looks like a cupboard plays/sounds like a selmer. No doubt he'll be putting you pansies in your place with that over the next few months.
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Postby Caballero » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:24 am

Ricardo wrote:Is this the pissed up Dorado incident? Nice to see he's using the 'Just for men' these days.

oh yes! just the beginning of the fun. Does anyone know who the funny little gnome is in the middle of Rino and Dorado?
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Postby pinkgary » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:06 am

PMSL
Keep music Evil
pinkgary

Postby Mobreau » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:55 am

Caballero wrote:
Mobreau wrote: let alone to watch johnny playing with his dinkle von donker.

Jason's got a donker von dinkler now , 1800 euros. looks like a cupboard plays/sounds like a selmer. No doubt he'll be putting you pansies in your place with that over the next few months.

Yeah man, Dinkles donger has definately got bark and bite! as to putting us in place, bones has gotta a mean mintch coming on, he is also going to gourd (how do you spell that?) on fine cheeses and wines for the next 6 months to get that Maurice Ferre look. We have concluded it's all about that "I can't give anything but love vid", no tritone sub, no sweeping, no bullshit. Just a great big bloke enjoying playing his Favino fluffs and all. Beutiful.
Mobreau

Postby maca » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:09 am

Caballero wrote:
Ricardo wrote:Is this the pissed up Dorado incident? Nice to see he's using the 'Just for men' these days.

oh yes! just the beginning of the fun. Does anyone know who the funny little gnome is in the middle of Rino and Dorado?
the gnome in question is clive from wales with his festival bass which had all manner of cracks and was unable to tune the bottom e string. As you can see with myself and clive as a rhythm section dorado only picks the best!
maca

Postby Caballero » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:05 pm

:lol: Dorado would have given you a WIDE berth if he'd seen your expression and foul language on the Sunday night jam.
By the way, thanks for giving me great amusement after when I was trying to sleep, listening to you and George trying to get rid of Carlos Fandango the singing partypooper. :lol: :lol:
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Next

Return to International Events