What happened ?

Ask our resident Doctor your troubling questions

Moderator: Teddy Dupont

What happened ?

Postby keithdjango » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:38 pm

I remember five or six yrs ago when I used to lurk here the traffic was pretty good, now it's like ..where did everybody go. Maybe it's the same reason I never really pursued the music back then, very difficult, but now I've decided to roll up the sleeves & dig in.
keithdjango

Postby crookedpinky » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:38 am

:cry: I put off answering as I thought I had little to offer in the way of an explanation to your question - and also I thought otehrs might have jumped to the defense of the site.

I don't know what the deal is, sometimes people post questions etc. you respond and then ......zilch.

The most active I've seen this forum was after a nutcase from across the pond posted a numebr of meaningless, offensive - but ultimately entertaining - messages.

Anyway, good luck with the playing....

Alan
The Crookedpinky
crookedpinky

Postby keithdjango » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:25 pm

crookedpinky wrote::cry: I put off answering as I thought I had little to offer in the way of an explanation to your question - and also I thought otehrs might have jumped to the defense of the site.

I don't know what the deal is, sometimes people post questions etc. you respond and then ......zilch.

The most active I've seen this forum was after a nutcase from across the pond posted a numebr of meaningless, offensive - but ultimately entertaining - messages.

Anyway, good luck with the playing....

Alan

I saw that in the archives, but before it was on going dialogue and questions were answered pretty quickly, anyway enough of my whining. I did find a guitar ( Gitane 250 with the solid headstock, oval hole ) and as soon as I scrape up the $'s it's mine. Only $300 w/ HSC - can't wait. Thanks Alan for responding. Thrip has been real good and a help, also Robert.
keithdjango

Postby crookedpinky » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:58 pm

$300 - thats a bargain with a HSC. Funny I was looking at them online earlier and I dont think I'd get one for less than 700euros or £500 or $600 - jeez it gets confusing.

We just had a workshop last Saturday with John Jorgenson - a) it was really good and b) I 've already had loads of enquiries about the club here in Glasgow.

Keep up the enthusiasm and nice to see Thrip getting a well deserved pat on the back for his work.

Alan
The Crookedpinky
crookedpinky

Postby swing68 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:45 pm

Returning to the main thread - how about the fact that there are no new articles or other content since time immemorial?

A huge pity as the irreverent tone is what makes this place rock. The site needs a visual overhaul (main site, not forum) and a regular infusion of new blood, from gig reviews (again, main site). Monthly is enough.

Have a few ideas on this but it's about having time & people move on, so whatever folks can do.

Forgive the lurker cheek but it seems only fair to nominate Cabo as Confessional Journalist In Chief :wink:
If you're driving home tonight, make sure you've got a car...
swing68

Postby Ricardo » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:53 pm

I guess it gets to a point when most subjects have been covered.I would agree that if the main site was updated regularly, then more people would look in. Djangobooks thrives because it is organic.
Ricardo

Postby Caballero » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:43 pm

Sadly, I don't think Zoot'll get it together to do that, he's too busy being in America and doing his mid-life thing. I'm happy to hear everyones confessions, no matter how perverted or sordid.
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Postby Brett » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:43 pm

Caballero wrote:.... I'm happy to hear everyones confessions, no matter how perverted or sordid.

But can you grant absolution?
Brett

Postby Caballero » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:00 am

:D give me some't to go on.
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Postby Caballero » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:32 am

Christ! this bloke's lost the plot. I've tried being polite and stay out of it but my youtube inbox gets messages like this, which came out of the blue. What a surprise! it's from
JPayne49

"Look, why can't you just let sleeping dogs lie?
The only "nutcases" around here are the people who have their heads so far up their butts that they have to ask ( actually have to ask) why nobody is looking in on Hotclub U.K. .
Ricardo thinks that Djangobooks prospers because it is "organic"? Organic???!!!Organic!!!???
That's his business synopsis? It's all too putrid.
Look at Michael Horowitz's wonderful pieces about the Italian guitar makers and their instruments relation to the present day Selmer.
That's all I was trying to get at with my posts.
And now the people who wrote into the post "What Happened"on Sept. 3rd were so oblivious to the fact that it is they themselves who, in their meaningless and offensive posts, turn people off from viewing the Hotclub U.K. site.
And the really sad and pathetic thing about it is, it's really a question in their seedy little minds(and I use that word loosely).
I mean, look what happens when Djangobooks posts something of interest and relevance. Tell you what, though. I haven't looked at my posts from this past Winter since then, but if you tell me what you think is so offensive, I'll mull it over and see what I think now. Although I usually mean what I say.
And since you insist on allowing people to come on line onto your site and refer to me as some nutcase from across the pond( across the pond? That's so quaint. The Atlantic is an entire freakin' ocean!!!) that I must ask you for the name of your own personal lawyer. I've got mine!! Now I need yours."
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Postby Caballero » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:51 am

Oooo! a reply to my 'go away'

paynej49 has sent you a message:

Re: Re:What Happened?
Then the fact that no lawyer's name was provided to me when asked is the first thing the Judge will see when the Judge opens the Roster Book on the Bench. Cheers.
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Postby neill » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:42 am

what a thing to get worked up about?? its only a discussion about music.. i mean come on, court case!!! about what? a disagreement on an internet forum about django reinhardt.. now that really is laughable. A sense of perspective is needed here. there's MORE than enough bad shit in the world.
neill

Postby Ricardo » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:15 pm

Don't waste a second on this guy.
Ricardo

Return to Trust Me I'm a Doctor