Stephane Grappelli Concern

Ask our resident Doctor your troubling questions

Moderator: Teddy Dupont

Stephane Grappelli Concern

Postby Teddy Dupont » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:19 am

Hello Doc,

I think I have just made a major and worrying discovery. I was watching the DVD about Stephane Grappelli and listening to him being interviewed when I began to realise I had heard his voice before. Then I suddenly realised where. Grappelli has been over-dubbed by Peter Sellers using his Inspector Clouseau voice. It gave the game away when Grappelli "said" that Baro Ferret had been arrested by an "officer of the leur" and it was confirmed when he later appeared to claim that Django had a pet "minkey".

Does this mean that Stephane Grappelli's contribution to the history of Django Reinhardt is without basis in fact and just the product of some script writer. What do you think Doctor? I would value you opinion.

Richard Head

Quite frankly Richard, I think you are a bloody idiot.
Teddy Dupont

Postby Dennis » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:53 am

I saw Grappelli XX years ago in concert at our local cinema and he introduced Ain't Misbehaving as being composed by "Fat Swallow".

And later on the camp doyen of the jazz viola announced a guitar solo by Martin Taylor dedicated to his (Taylor's!) then new-born son, Jamie as being entitled "Jammy".

How we tittered! How we guffawed...
Dennis

Postby Brett » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:40 am

Dennis wrote:I saw Grappelli XX years ago in concert at our local cinema and he introduced Ain't Misbehaving as being composed by "Fat Swallow".

I saw Bernard Bresslaw when he visited our local cinema to talk to us ABC Minors at the Saturday morning flicks.
I was bitterly dissapointed when he spoke proper instead of using the thicko voice that he had in the Carry On films.
Brett

Return to Trust Me I'm a Doctor