Portable toilet
8%
Hideous nightmare involving flatulence
8%
Mincing camp musician
62%

Total votes : 13

Postby Teddy Dupont » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:40 pm

Caballero wrote:The audience hated music generally but loved the ol' variety bit.

That is exactly the problem Django, Stephane and the HCQ suffered on some of those Music Hall tours of the UK Lew Grade organised. They appeared with such fabulous acts as "Dee & Maisie and their Electric Hawaiian Guitars", "Harry Jerome - Clever conjuring interspersed with laughter", "Fred Brand - The Chocolate Drop from Dixie" etc,etc.

It was after one such show that Len Williams (John Williams father) made one of his many attempts to interview Django but was told through Grappelli to "**** off" by Django because he had been so upset by the attitude of the audience.
Teddy Dupont

Postby Cattermole » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:53 pm

Teddy Dupont wrote:It was after one such show that Len Williams (John Williams father) made one of his many attempts to interview Django but was told through Grappelli to "**** off" by Django because he had been so upset by the attitude of the audience.

This incident might have been the last straw that made Len think "Bugger the guitar for a game of soldiers, I'm off to the West Country to spend the rest of my life studying the woolly monkey."
"...somebody correct me please if i have said bullshits"
Cattermole

Postby Teddy Dupont » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:30 pm

Cattermole wrote:This incident might have been the last straw that made Len think "Bugger the guitar for a game of soldiers, I'm off to the West Country to spend the rest of my life studying the woolly monkey."

Not immediately. He fled to Australia first (where John was born) and did not return to the UK until 1952. John said this was partly because his father wanted to see Django play again but by the time he got sorted out, Django was dead.
Teddy Dupont

Postby Caballero » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:55 am

Teddy Dupont wrote:
Caballero wrote:The audience hated music generally but loved the ol' variety bit.

That is exactly the problem Django, Stephane and the HCQ suffered on some of those Music Hall tours of the UK Lew Grade organised. They appeared with such fabulous acts as "Dee & Maisie and their Electric Hawaiian Guitars", "Harry Jerome - Clever conjuring interspersed with laughter", "Fred Brand - The Chocolate Drop from Dixie" etc,etc.

Hmmm....I bet none of those dudes tried to chat up Django, least we got hit on by the Beverly Sisters :shock:
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Postby Teddy Dupont » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:55 pm

Caballero wrote:Hmmm....I bet none of those dudes tried to chat up Django, least we got hit on by the Beverly Sisters :shock:

I have it on good authority that Django had sex with all three of the Beverley Sisters. They were apparently accomplished performers, in every sense of the word, in the 1940s.
Last edited by Teddy Dupont on Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teddy Dupont

Postby Cattermole » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:27 pm

Teddy Dupont wrote:I have it on good authority that Django had sex with all three of the Beverly Sisters.

At the same time?

Hey Cabo, did you forge a link with Django across the decades and shag any of them?
Cattermole

Postby Teddy Dupont » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:18 pm

Cattermole wrote:Hey Cabo, did you forge a link with Django across the decades and shag any of them?

Well here he is with them. What do you think?

Teddy Dupont

Postby Cattermole » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:41 pm

Well, the one far right is holding what could be a remnant of his underpants.
Cattermole

Postby Teddy Dupont » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:48 pm

Cattermole wrote:Well, the one far right is holding what could be a remnant of his underpants.

From the look on his face someone has still got a hold on his goolies. Max Bygraves perhaps?
Teddy Dupont

Postby Caballero » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:36 pm

You boys are gonna love this. I got Bygraves jnr to take a photo of us with the Bevs and they did exactly the same pose! Except you can substitute Tom Jones for me at the front with Dan and Matt behind me. They were used to this type of pic, their suggestion. Funny thing was, I was kinda relaxed after a nice cold pint of wife-beater and started getting a boner rubbing up against this tightly-girdled old lady. The Bevs were all shouting "squash together! closer!" to get us all in the pic, didn't help none. I guess, if this was back in the day when they were big celebs, I would have been chuffed, like a proper dog-with-two-dicks. But it wasn't, and at the time, I gained no personal satisfaction except from the nostalgic angle. However, It's now a valued memory and a great one to freak the older generation with, if the need arises. I don't own a scanner to show y'all sadly, I'll try and take it to a man-that-does at some point.
For the record, They were the best fun people to hang with when we out and about, they were confident women who liked having a laugh and taking the piss as opposed to the all the rest of 'em who were ; in-a-job/old,grey and buggered/ forgot how to have fun/autistic/ hating us.
Didn't give a shit though. A wonderful view into a different era and how things were back when, and I loved every minute of it.
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Postby Cattermole » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:13 pm

Django humps all three and fifty years later Cabo presses up against them and gets a stiffy. Good enough for me. 8) .[/i]doffs cap respectfully, applauds gently and adds cabo to christmas card list.
[/i]
Six people will have to change their 'mincing camp musician' vote, that's for sure.
Post a pic.
Cattermole

Postby Teddy Dupont » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:40 pm

Cattermole wrote:Six people will have to change their 'mincing camp musician' vote, that's for sure.

Indeed they will not. The Beverley Sisters are gay icons. The mincing campers just love them.

You haven't got a scanner Cabo????? :shock: What century are you living in hayseed boy? :roll: Presumably you also still have an outside toilet then? No wonder you are so "at home" in those terrible portable crappers they have at gypsy jazz festivals.

No excuses please! Get that photo copied. It will only cost you a few pence at you local "Happy Snaps". It is a piece of history you must share with us.
Teddy Dupont

Postby Caballero » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:01 am

Yes I know, it's a bit sad not having a scanner, I'll sort the photo.
One of my hobbies is behaving odd when in the company of famous/known people/musicians, I've got tons of 'em. I chatted up Caron Keating (when she was alive) mercilessly before she got married in the 90's, trying to convince her to get off with me, got evicted from a restaurent whilst pissed,standing on a table occupied by Clive Dunn and Roy Hudd . Almost threw up over Barney Kessel, saw Herb Ellis' knob in Southampton (he was there too), told Jimmy Saville to 'fuck off', hassled Patrick (Lord) Lichfield to take my picture when he was taking photos at a wedding I was playing at, hung out with John Mclaughlin while he savagely ripped the piss out of Antonio Forcione, who just had to take it from his idol, tripped Trilok Gurtu over on the same evening, he went flying. Loads more...I love the world of showbiz, it offers up many opportunities to behave badly in the company of others who have done better. :D
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Postby Teddy Dupont » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:42 am

That sounds like a great new "reality" TV show Cabo. I can already hear Harry Hill narrating it. You could be the thinking man's Dennis Pennis.
Teddy Dupont

Postby nwilkins » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:02 pm

I want to hear more about McLaughlin and Forcione. please oblige
nwilkins

PreviousNext

Return to Trust Me I'm a Doctor