Thickness

Ask our resident Doctor your troubling questions

Moderator: Teddy Dupont

Thickness

Postby Caballero » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:07 pm

Dear Dr Teddy,
I realise that in your era, the use of inflatable women or blow-up sex dolls with O lips was all the rage, you yourself probably went through a few. Do you think the trend these days is for thinner plectrums as opposed to the monsters of a few years back, we were led to believe would sort out picking difficulties? What kind do you prefer?
huzzah.
Cab.
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Postby Teddy Dupont » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:43 pm

Hello Cabs. Did we once meet in the Imperial College Maths Department?
Caballero wrote:Dear Dr Teddy,
I realise that in your era, the use of inflatable women or blow-up sex dolls with O lips was all the rage, you yourself probably went through a few.
I am not completely sure how this relates to the rest of your post but your interest in such matters does not surprise me. I do recall many years ago nearly getting punched in the face by an irate sex shop owner because a friend and I were screaming with hysterical laughter at this dreadful "sex" doll he had in the window.

Caballero wrote:Do you think the trend these days is for thinner plectrums as opposed to the monsters of a few years back, we were led to believe would sort out picking difficulties? What kind do you prefer?
I am very much in the thicker the better camp. My current little beauty, which is hand crafted from organically bred tortoise shell with bone and walnut inlays, is an absolute monster and produces a truly authentic rather than the more normal pseudo authentic sound. There is one slight snag in that it is so thick it keeps jamming between the strings and I have to carry a pair pliers with me at all times. Even I have to concede that is perhaps taking the rest stroke too far.
Teddy Dupont

Return to Trust Me I'm a Doctor