Gary Moore 0 , Gypsyjazzers 1

Exactly what it says on the tin

Moderators: Caballero, Zoot

Gary Moore 0 , Gypsyjazzers 1

Postby Caballero » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:56 pm

Last night I got a call from my colleague Jason regarding a regular pub gig he'd just done and events that transpired during.
All the Brighton players were there and Thomas Joyeaux from Paris. A pissed up Gary Moore wanders over and starts peering at the guitars, seeing the state he was in, my buddy Diego refused to lend him his dupont, but Jason gave him his hooijdonk to have a go on. They played a blues together. Mr Moore was behaving badly, slagging off the music/musicians /guitars etc. Needless to say, his technique wasn't suited to the guitar he was playing, which by all accounts, added to his mood. He then turned around to Jason and declared he didn't like him! M'man, who played the shit out of the tune , then turned to Mr Moore saying 'I don't care who you are , give me my guitar back now'. and snatched it off him. Gary Moore plodded off , cursing, whilst his son came over, apologised for his Fathers behaviour, saying that he wasn't normally like this. To cap it off, turns out he borrowed a thick gyp pick and palmed it after the event! cheeky bleeder. All nicely witnessed by everyone in the pub. :D
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Postby Thrip » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Most amusing :D
Thrip

Postby Brett » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:57 pm

Cab, sorry to go off topic. Would this "pub" be The Dorset?
I was in there the other day and they told me they have "French Jazz" on Wednesdays with violins and things.
Is it now a GJ venue?
Liked the Gary Moore story (see how smoothly I got back on topic). You can take the Irishman out of the bog, but you can't always take the the bog out of the Irishman.
Perhaps he was just pissed. I've been pissed once or twice, and afterwards, quite ashamed of the way I've behaved.
Brett

Postby neill » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:29 pm

so this is what i can expect moving to brighton?? pissed guitar heroes trying to steal my axe :shock:
neill

Postby Caballero » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:58 pm

[quote="Brett"]Cab, sorry to go off topic. Would this "pub" be The Dorset?
I was in there the other day and they told me they have "French Jazz" on Wednesdays with violins and things.
Is it now a GJ venue?

Not by a rule, Jason has a spot there that night which sometimes will have a gypsy line-up, depending on the musos playing. It's all pretty much guitar based I think. If you're about, I'm doing the White Rabbit this Sun aft with a quartet ,Thomas on other guitar and the Hand in the eve with Jason and Dan.

yeah I agree, we've all been pissed and gone tits up socially at some point in our lives. Great story though.

Neill, I think you're getting a bit above your station there. Jason's been working like a demon for years to get to a level where pissed guitar heroes hassle you. You've got to work up the ranks, 'bum-raped by ex- variety-show stars of the 70's' is your first stop on the path to gig story notoriety in Brighton. Word.
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Postby neill » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:22 am

um, bring it on i guess... can't wait...
neill

Postby Mobreau » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:42 pm

Man, it was seriously funny! He basically came over when we were playing the last tune (swing 48) tomas was ripping it up and he just stood there witha look of disgust! and said to dan somethying like "do you like this shit?" After we finished he kept demanding Jasons guitar, which he was eventually allowed. He started playing, it was messy. I started playing a sort of blues in g with him, it lasted maybe 1 minute but nothing was really holding together, i gave up and Jason had a bash. It was not a pretty site. But yeah don't get him on one of those days.
Mobreau

Postby Mobreau » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:43 pm

Sorry, alot of sloppy writing. The tune was swing 48.
Mobreau

Postby Caballero » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:42 pm

I got a photo Jason took on his i-phone, but it won't upload despite it's reasonable size and J-peggyness.
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Postby Thrip » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:42 pm

Caballero wrote:I got a photo Jason took on his i-phone, but it won't upload despite it's reasonable size and J-peggyness.

Fascinating...
Thrip

Postby Thrip » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:56 pm

Thrip

Postby Caballero » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:15 pm

Fascinating....
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Postby pinkgary » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:34 am

He looks all happy & full of charm!!
Keep music Evil
pinkgary

Postby Ricardo » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:09 pm

Ah, so he looks as much of a c##nt as he sounds. Dirty fat fucker. Hope his liver bursts.
Ricardo

Postby Caballero » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:36 pm

:shock:
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Next

Return to Taking the piss etc...