Eurovision Song Contest

Exactly what it says on the tin

Moderators: Caballero, Zoot

Eurovision Song Contest

Postby Teddy Dupont » Sat May 12, 2007 11:48 pm

I have just finished watching the Eurovision Song Contest and despite drinking an inordinate amount of alcohol (I am typing this whilst lying on the floor), I am absolutely disgusted with the result. As Tel said "You don't know whether to laugh or cry". It seems the only country hated more than the UK is America and the blame lies solely with Tony "Slimeball" Blair. Thank goodness the deep sincerity and warmth of Gordon Brownnoser is going to save us from all of that. :roll:

For crying out loud, the necklines of the girls in Scooch alone deserved 12 points. I guess the problem was Cabo, second left, doing his over-the-top camp, mincing that totally destroyed it for us. - Well buggar it! I'm off to bed!
Teddy Dupont

Postby Caballero » Sun May 13, 2007 8:09 am

Well done Teddy! you are single-handedly keeping the forum going with your witty and concise posts. Proving, once again, that your generation of 'silver-surfers' can have a life outside of the rest-home, after all your friends have returned to dust. AND, no-one can smell the urine over the net. I respect your consistent variety of topics, even though it goes against the grain to acknowledge someone who wears rubber pants.
I salute you! :)
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Postby Cattermole » Sun May 13, 2007 9:34 am

Teddy, are you implying that points are not awarded on musical merit alone? :lol: :lol:
I used to watch the Eurovision Song Contest every year purely for Wogan's incomparable piss-taking. Does he still deliver the goods in this department?
Unfortunately, the Spanish seem to treat this as a serious cultural event, although not quite as seriously as they treat Big Brother ( even typing the words big brother makes me want to vomit my intestines out).
I did see a few seconds of the Serbian effort and would like to know if the reports are back from the lab determining the singer's sex.
"...somebody correct me please if i have said bullshits"
Cattermole

Return to Taking the piss etc...