Religious Buffoonerie - Stop the Insanity

Exactly what it says on the tin

Moderators: Caballero, Zoot

Religious Buffoonerie - Stop the Insanity

Postby TedGottsegen » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:39 pm

Perfect for taking the piss....

This is related to Gypsy Jazz because the original sender is a Gypsy Jazz enthusiast who pulled my name off a Gypsy Jazz group, and is probably a member of this group, (he also had a custom guitar with a weird headstock and tailpiece depicted on Leo Eimers site, hint, hint, hint!), who happens to be a born again christian, or an ultra conservative christian....whatever, he is some type of Bible thumper. I have no problem with christianity, except when it's used as a tool (like the Koran) to tell other people how to live their lives. When you do that, you open yourself up for what's coming next.

What is it about these people that makes them feel the need to spread their word far and wide, without giving thought to other peoples beliefs or opinions? I'm jewish, so I find this type of stuff annoying in general. But when the line reads:

At the service in the National Cathedral, a Methodist minister practically apologized to God (or was it to the Jewish and heathen
dignitaries in the congregation?) for praying in the name of Jesus.

I want to rage against the machine so hard and kick ass. To all you people who might get offended by this, I'm hear to tell all of you fundamentalists of every denomination to F$#K OFF. I'm so sick of all of your jive. You have the balls to sit and tell other people how to think and feel and what is right and wrong but when we call you out, we're called blasphemers. If you have people have a problem with this message then kiss my ass, bitches! :lol: :D
Last edited by TedGottsegen on Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TedGottsegen

Re: Religious Buffoonerie - Stop the Insanity

Postby Djazz Nomad » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:41 pm

At the service in the National Cathedral, a Methodist minister practically apologized to God (or was it to the Jewish and heathen
dignitaries in the congregation?) for praying in the name of Jesus.

Phew! SOOOOOOOOOOO glad to be a heathen.......and not get involved in any of this BS. 8)
Djazz Nomad

Re: Religious Buffoonerie - Stop the Insanity

Postby troychapman » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:55 pm

TedGottsegen wrote:Perfect for taking the piss....

I want to rage against the machine so hard and kick ass. To all you people who might get offended by this, I'm hear to tell all of you fundamentalists of every denomination to F$#K OFF. I'm so sick of all of your jive. You have the balls to sit and tell other people how to think and feel and what is right and wrong but when we call you out, we're called blaphemers. If you have people have a problem with this message then kiss my ass, bitches! :lol: :D

AMEN!
troychapman

Religion

Postby Scouse_mouse » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:57 pm

I'm an atheist - and thank God I am!
Scouse_mouse

Postby plankity » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:58 pm

Recovering Catholic here.

One day at a time...

N--
plankity

Postby FSUGypsyJazz » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:02 pm

Ted, Right on man take it to em. I'm with you.
Keep Swingin!
Caleb
FSUGypsyJazz

Postby RICK-D15 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:55 pm

I am a Christian, redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ, believing in him unto eternal life.

"And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent." John 17:3
"It's all one big note" - Frank Zappa
RICK-D15

Postby boral » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:30 pm

Although I consider myself religeous .... in my own way....,one thing is certain, Religion is responsible for more violent deaths than car accidents
boral

Heathen

Postby radiotone » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:44 pm

...of the godless sort.
radiotone

Trembling before Dj-ng-

Postby radiotone » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:01 pm

Maybe I'm actually an orthodox follower of he whose name cannot be spoken alound (Dj-ng-). I'm a pre-electric fundamentalist, but I'm trying to get eccumenical with the electric-era liberals. But Stochelo Rosenberg--he's just demonic. Oh, he may play an acoustic and look pious, but that's just the Devil's disguise. Better a sinner stray in the open, like Birelli with Jaco, than appear holy in a trinity--er, trio, whilst playing those devilishly fast licks.

Who is the Swingalogian around here? Can he or she clarify which among them will ascend into the Quintet to play rhythm at the right hand of the father?
radiotone

Return to Taking the piss etc...