Holding the Wegen pick

Exactly what it says on the tin

Moderators: Caballero, Zoot

Holding the Wegen pick

Postby Danny Rumpfelt » Fri May 02, 2003 9:28 am

Way to hold a Wegen pick.

I have been studying the problems of pick ownership for years. How do you hold the pick firmly without breaking your nail extensions? What do you do with the pick when you need to scratch your arse, especially on stage? How do you avoid losing such a valuable item? Where are you going to store it? How will you remember where you put it? :?

The answer to all these problems is amazingly simple: just superglue it between thumb and forefinger! :idea:

Try not to get the pick angle wrong! But if you do, you can always rectify the situation simply by cutting off your digits, and sewing them back on in a more convenient position. 8)

This revolutionary but simple technique has transformed the tone I am able to get with the pick. I think the improvements in grip, and the money I have saved by not losing my Wegen more than outweigh the loss of my wife, job, house etc.

Now I have so much time on my hands I'm really glad to have such an engrossing hobby. Soon I might really splash out. You know, accessorise! I thought the best accessory might be a guitar....
The CSA'll never find me here!
Danny Rumpfelt

Postby djangology » Thu May 08, 2003 5:53 pm

well, i would agree that gluing it to your "thumb only" would be useful because you could then be free to still use all your other digits for other tasks such as fingerpicking, nosepicking, and flipping the bird during guitar solos...
Last edited by djangology on Wed May 21, 2003 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djangology

Postby Zoot » Thu May 08, 2003 7:06 pm

Are we having fun yet :roll:
Zoot
Site Admin

Return to Taking the piss etc...