Anthem to the voters in the US who will swing really things

Exactly what it says on the tin

Moderators: Caballero, Zoot

Anthem to the voters in the US who will swing really things

Postby plankity » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:07 pm

Song Title: "Still Undecided?" Sung to the tune of "Undecided" (Robin, Shavers)

[Verse 1 and 2:]

First I was for Bush, instead of Mister Kerry.

But took another look, and man, Dick Cheney?s scary!

I?m undecided now, so what am I gon-na do?

Kerry seems real smart, a war hero in Nam.

but, indecisive liberals, can bring this country down.

[Bridge 1:]

Well in the state I?m in, I heard once again, that we can really swing, this election.

And I don?t really hate, either candidate, but just can?t cultivate, much affection.

[Verse 3:]

I work to make ends meet, by waitress-ing week nights.

No time for the Debates, Spin Doctors or Sound Bites.

[Instrumental Interlude]

[Verse 4 and 5:]

Now I?m getting scared, don?t really feel secure.

Can John be just as strong, as George so Right and Pure?

What happened to Osama? Our Mission Un-accomplished.

Deception and destruction, they all should be admonished.

I just might be decided, on what I?m-a-gon-na do.

[Bridge 2:]

Well it seems to make no sense, when we chose our presidents, when we voted.

The court gave us a quote, that the guy with fewer votes, was promoted

[Verse 6:]

Now it?s very clear, the Neo-Cons go.

The lesser of two evils, has risen, now I know.

That Anyone But Bush, is just what I?m gon-na do!
plankity

Postby felixcharlock » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:37 pm

Nice one Norm. I'll be voting for the first time in my life today for Kerry. Bush has gotta go. F***ing maniac. Connecticut a swing state? Not the last time I checked... :roll: :)
felixcharlock

Postby FSUGypsyJazz » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:45 pm

This is my second time voting against Bush. I live in Florida so I am just waiting for the mushroom cloud or hurricane whatever the hell we're gonna get down here.
Keep Swingin!
Caleb
FSUGypsyJazz

Postby Carter O'Brien » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:16 pm

I hope the rest of the world will forgive us... it's hard to beat Bush when he runs a campaign so effectively playing on peoples' fears.
Carter O'Brien

Postby plankity » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:47 pm

Carter O'Brien wrote:I hope the rest of the world will forgive us... it's hard to beat Bush when he runs a campaign so effectively playing on peoples' fears.

I hope the only people who think of 2% as a 'mandate' are those who voted for Bush -- hopefully the rest of the world sees this as a very close attempt to remove Bush and his stain from office.

Canada is looking mighty inviting right now.

N-
plankity

Postby RICK-D15 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:49 pm

This election result was not a mandate on the war, nor was it a mandate on the economy--- it was a mandate on morality.

First there's abortion. The Republican party takes a pro-life stand. It doesn't matter what else ol' George has done--- people that are pro-life are going to vote Republican because that's all that matters. Mix that in with the majority of Americans who are against the idea of sanctioned gay marriages (which Kerry/Edwards failed to develop a strong position on) and there you go. The people have spoken.

Just my 2 cents...
"It's all one big note" - Frank Zappa
RICK-D15

Postby Scotsman » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:21 pm

plankity wrote:
Carter O'Brien wrote:I hope the rest of the world will forgive us... it's hard to beat Bush when he runs a campaign so effectively playing on peoples' fears.

I hope the only people who think of 2% as a 'mandate' are those who voted for Bush -- hopefully the rest of the world sees this as a very close attempt to remove Bush and his stain from office.

Canada is looking mighty inviting right now.

N-

I sure hope you guys can get over your partisan bullshit and get on with supporting this country in this war on terror. Bush has won by an impressive popular vote. America has decided ,If you don't support us in this war against these brutal maniacs please feel free to move to any country you want.
Scotsman

Postby Notorious » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:30 am

Oh, I see how it is. So it's either you're for us or your against us? Move to another country you say? The last I checked, this country was big enough to have more than just one opinion on any particular issue. The last I checked this country didn't elect Bush the first time. The last I checked we lived in a moderately civilized society which, before September 11th, we were able to voice our opinions and still have some civility to others opinions. Unless you haven't been able to guess, I happen to value your opinion, even though you, as well as your conservative scaremongers, are flatly wrong on just about every single issue. You actually think there was a tie between Alcadia and Saddam Hussein, like 62% of Republicans do. You actually think that the war in Iraq was justified, like 62% of Republicans do. You actually think that Fox News is completely unbiased, like 62% of Republicans do. Hopefully, instead of telling us that we don't have a right to our opinions and views on the way that this President MISHANDLED our government, you would instead take a few minutes out of your day to comprehend what EXACTLY is going on, rather than what the President tells you. Staying informed is a privellage in this country and you happen to take it for granted.
Notorious
Notorious

Postby djangology » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:42 am

thank god you guys at least do this in the "Taking a piss" category.... as long as you dont start peeing in the "Artists" or "Playing" categories, then I will allow you all to debate kindly...

if you ask me, every single one of you is naive as all hell... none of you can possibly believe that being on one side or the other is going to fix all the problems... and if you do, then get a clue! all this divisiveness is driving me nuts.

play some chords! :?
djangology

Postby plankity » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:49 am

Scotsman wrote:I sure hope you guys can get over your partisan bullshit and get on with supporting this country in this war on terror. Bush has won by an impressive popular vote. America has decided ,If you don't support us in this war against these brutal maniacs please feel free to move to any country you want.

Hey Scotty:

Need to know - do you think Gore won by an impressive popular vote in 2000?

I'm not sure how your math facts work but I was thinking about some other figures: Bush's 'tax cut' gives me $11 dollars a year for 12 years (this is because I don't make over $75,000/year). With gas prices being what they are, I'm already losing money at the pump.

We are always hearing about "liberals being whiners" -- maybe there's some truth to that but how about someone whose making close to (or over) $100,000 per year, whining about paying taxes? Shouldn't a tax bill come with the territory? These are the whiners who I think should be told "If you don't like it, move to Russia!"

And about that war... if it is so noble, why is Bush making the middle and lower classes bear the brunt of the cost for it in taxes (and HUGE deficit spending)? I would say any TRULY patriotic BILLIONAIRE ought to step up to the plate and loudly proclaim -- "I want to make the world safe from terror!!! I will give back my tax cut!"

<<sound of crickets chirping>>

I guess my favorite part of F911 (after the pet goat reading) would have to be all the congressmen, blowing-off Moore as he is trying to get some of them to commit THEIR kids to fight in Iraq.

I'm ready to get over my partisan bullshit and get behind the war effort - you'll find me right inline BEHIND my billionaire congressman! Or maybe the rich, greedy ruling class needs to re-examine THEIR partisan bullshit!

Four more wars!
N--

PS: Don't forget Poland!
plankity

Postby djangology » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:53 am

<<sound of crickets chirping>>

i have to say that although i HATE all this politics talk, i do like your "crickets" thing... LOL

it just goes to show how powerful the "music" of a cricket is... just imagine if they all had gypsy guitars...
djangology

Postby felixcharlock » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:31 am

Scotsman wrote:I sure hope you guys can get over your partisan bullshit and get on with supporting this country in this war on terror. Bush has won by an impressive popular vote. America has decided ,If you don't support us in this war against these brutal maniacs please feel free to move to any country you want.

Yes, he truly believes this.

Europeans wondering how anybody in their right mind could possibly re-elect George W. Bush, after he's failed miserably as President for the last four years, need only read the Scotsman's wisdom.

Like any good Mafia Don, Bush prays on people's fears quite effectively.
felixcharlock

Postby FSUGypsyJazz » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:59 am

The fact of the matter is Bush and his team know how to run a campaign. They are not afraid to name call and twist the truth. Democrats in my oppinion should do the same. I know I know high road bigger person and all that but what counts at the end of the day is who has the most points on the scoreboard. I am might be the only person who is in favor of brutal honesty. I am personaly upset with people my own age (18 -29) after all of the got out the vote campaign and the 20 million strong and massive registration drives only 18% (I may be a few numbers off + or -) around the same as 2000 actually voted (those aren't just Kerry or Bush number thats total) and I am frankly sadend and incredibly mad about it.
My two cents
Keep Swingin!
Caleb
FSUGypsyJazz

Postby nwilkins » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:22 pm

I know I'm preaching to the converted here (mostly), but I fail to understand how intelligent, ostensibly reasonable people (not people like Scotsman who have actually fallen for it, but people like Tucker Carlson) can fail to see that there is no war against maniacs. I think almost anyone who hasn't been brainwashed by alarmist propaganda can see that the US government should be tackling the causes of terrorism, not inciting more terrorism by creating more reasons for it. The only conclusion I can come to is that many of those people do realize this, but that for some inexplicable reason, policy and political actions are only secondary to blind party loyalty.
nwilkins

Postby RICK-D15 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:45 pm

Well,

It sure is nice to see that we're all mature enough around here to handle more than one political point of view. From what I gather, emotion and angst are appropriate expressions as long as they are against Bush/Republicans, but any other expression will be met with questioning the intelligence of the individual, as the previous post did.

Personally, I don't think political discussions belong on a forum like this, but since you all saw fit to force such a topic into your little "humour" section, (as if you all assume that we will ALL find your Bush bashing very, very funny---- which obviously we ALL didn't) then I guess you reap what you sow.

One more thing- Politics of fear? What about the politics of negativity, hate and complaint. Looks like the Dems have a lot of evaluating to do.
"It's all one big note" - Frank Zappa
RICK-D15

Next

Return to Taking the piss etc...