Hot Club in the First Matrix

Exactly what it says on the tin

Moderators: Caballero, Zoot

Hot Club in the First Matrix

Postby Notorious » Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:18 am

I was watching the music only version of the Matrix, and stumbled across the fact that they actually have a scene where Djangology is playing in the background. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Notorious
Notorious

Postby djangology » Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:23 am

yeah, go to http://IMDB.com and search for "Django Reinhardt" ...

http://imdb.com/name/nm0718099
djangology

Postby christerflea » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:56 am

http://imdb.com/name/nm0718099/

states there that Minor swing is in the first Matrix ??

where abouts? any one know?
christerflea

Postby Teddy Dupont » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:37 am

The film "Monkey" is on UK TV for the 400th time next Friday (21st Jan). Lots of HCQ soundtrack on that.
Teddy Dupont

Postby Zoot » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:05 pm

It's in the scene where Neo meets the Oracle's kitchen. It's playing in the background there.
If i'm not mistaken it's also in the 3rd film in the same place.

Nuages was also featured in the sci-fi film Gataca.
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Zoot
Site Admin

Postby overtone » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:47 am

was looking at j. jorgenson's site and he lists music for 'gattaca' on his resume. did he play it in the movie, or did he do some other tracks for the film? just wondering.

i'll have to watch the matrix for about the 505th time and try to listen for the nuages. of course i'll have to set aside my fantasy that i really am in the matrix, and if i am, how does the matrix know what django sounds like? :shock:
overtone

Postby djangology » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:45 pm

yes, I recorded the scene from the movie.. you can listen to it here:

http://djangology.net/gattaca_with_nuages.mp3

Right click on the link above and save the MP3 to your computer before you listen to it. Thanks.
djangology

Postby NickG » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:57 pm

Teddy Dupont wrote:The film "Monkey" is on UK TV for the 400th time next Friday (21st Jan). Lots of HCQ soundtrack on that.

I believe it's BMonkey, it was on the other night....it was atrocious. I don't like people in the film world slipping Django or any other great musical name into their trashy product as some kind of "cool badge". See also The Pallbearer (whince-inducing American romcom nonsense with Gwyneth Paltrow and David Schwimmer). I did enjoy Woody Allen's Sweet&Lowdown, but the bit near the end where they tell of three different versions of an event in the madeup life of Emmet Ray (the third being that Django appears out of a car prompting Ray to pass out), featured a guy dressed up to play Django; a dwarfish, skinny Django with stupidly rouged cheeks that is. :evil: Bloody Yanks might as well have had him wheeling an onion cart and eating a live frog. I like Woody, sure, but this... was more than a little insulting :cry:
NickG

Postby Teddy Dupont » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:37 pm

Finally watched the video I made some time ago of the quirky but entertaining "Rushmore" with Bill Murray and some Dustin Hoffman look-a-like. In the final, happy-ever-after scene, Django, Steph and the HCQ come powering in with the majority of their Nov 1947 version of "Manoir de mes Reves".
Teddy Dupont

Postby FSUGypsyJazz » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:25 pm

Teddy, Very good call. I Love that movie and have the soundtrack (unfortunately it isn't on it) but Yves Montand is. I believe the tune he sings on it is Rue St. Vincent. Do you mean Jason Schwartzman is the Hoffman look a like? I never caught the resemblence but I can see it now.
Keep Swingin!
Caleb
FSUGypsyJazz

Postby Teddy Dupont » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:29 pm

FSUGypsyJazz wrote: Do you mean Jason Schwartzman is the Hoffman look a like? I never caught the resemblence but I can see it now.

That's the man. He played a quite superb dick-head in the film. Has he ever appeared in anything else?
Teddy Dupont

Postby nwilkins » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:21 pm

Teddy, you can in fact see him alongside Dustin Hoffman in I Heart Huckabees
nwilkins

Postby FSUGypsyJazz » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:55 am

Jason Schwartzman was also in a film called CQ set in 1960's Paris. He is a nice cat. I met him here in Tallahassee when his band played. My girlfriend at the time was really into his band (Phantom Planet) and she drug me to the show and I spoke with him for a few minuetes. Like I said nice cat
Keep Swingin!
Caleb
FSUGypsyJazz

Return to Taking the piss etc...