Samois...Have space, have tent, have bookings, need company

Post your EU Gig dates here

Moderators: Caballero, Zoot

Samois...Have space, have tent, have bookings, need company

Postby Fordy » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:05 am

Hello all.

last minute madness and all, but I have a crossing booked on thursday, return on monday...campsite booked, (samoreau) have largish tent (sleeps 12..but I guess 4 in comfort)
I was planning on going with the bass player and violinist from our band, but both of them have thrown in the towel for work commitments...yeah, I know..they have never been before and so have no idea of the mistake they are making...idiots...well, their loss could be your gain.
To put it frankly, although I would cycle to china with my gear on my back, naked, for the samois fest. I would rather go in company of someone else..
I have a large car....yep, about as large as they come, chrysler grand voyager, with a brand new air con and mp3 player, full of django, debarre, fapy etc etc so we will travel in comfort. )I am going to pull out the seats, but can accommodate 3 passengers and gear)
If you want to go but have missed bookings, cant get in camping site, left it too late or just simply need a cheap way of getting there and back again...
let me know and I will be only too happy to see what I can do.

I live in Essex, near colchester and will be getting the 10:40 crossing from dover.

I dont expect anything in return, donations towards the petrol guzzling monster would be gratefully received, but by no means expected. company and conversation and enforced jam sessions till the sun comes up may be required however.....

If I can help you, you will be helping me....dont forget..pass port, instrument, pocket of euros to get beer and onto island, leave everything else, its not necessary!)

get in touch asap.

all the bestisto....c u there!

Robert

(not long now.................)
I will learn to play this thing!
Fordy

samois

Postby loupsyche » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:32 am

hey thanks for teh offer..i have tickets and tent now but i am gonna ask a couple of my girlfreinds if they wanna go with you if you dont mind,,,, though they dont play guitar???

lou x
loupsyche

Postby mel » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:45 am

im heading to samois with a mate, we are in paris at the moment and will make our way from here to samois via rail.

however, we havnt got a campsite and would love to take up your offer.
we are carrying a two man tent, we are more than happy to share the costs. Weve come all the way from melbourne australia for this and getting a bit worried about a place to rest our hands after the excessive jamming.

we arnt weirdos or anything, we both play in manouche bands back in Melbourne, anyway, hope to hear from you soon

cheers

mel
mel

Postby emackenz » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:32 am

Hi Mel - If you're travelling with Caley from Duck Musique - say hi from Ewan and have a great time!
emackenz

Postby BluesBopHarry » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:41 am

Mel,
I recomend you to go to Samois as early as posible (now), before the crowds get there, and talk with Bernard at Petite Barbeau, a little french or a friend who speaks french is indispensable. There should be some people already there and jamming too!
For two guys with a small tent is not gonna be too much trouble, but don't get there at the last minute.
If he can't accomodate you... try talking with the people already camping and see if they can share a few square feet of ground.
Don't forget to bring a few bottles of Bordeaux to share.
Have a good time!
BluesBopHarry

Postby mel » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:00 am

cheers BBH,
we are heading to fontainebleau on wed morn, thanks for the tips. Bodeaux by the barrel!!
cheers mel
mel

Return to EU Gig Listings