samois...hellllppppp

Post your EU Gig dates here

Moderators: Caballero, Zoot

samois...hellllppppp

Postby loupsyche » Wed May 30, 2007 5:12 pm

both campsites say they are full !!!!!

Does anyone know if it's possible to just turn up and camp nearby instead?

also i went one year and the festival itself was sold out (probably cos' i went on the saturday) Is there anyway to buy a ticket online????

question 3 .... is there a price for two days? on the website it looks like you have to pay seperate for each day?

humph humph.... getting flustered :cry:
loupsyche

Postby Fordy » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:19 am

hey..see my message about samois....can I be of any help?
I will learn to play this thing!
Fordy

Postby GitanePlayer » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:10 pm

Hey,

your best bet is to camp at Petite Barbeau... it's closer to the festival, under the cover of trees incase of blistering sunshine, and it won't be as full as Samareau... better facilities too!

Mike.
GitanePlayer

Postby Fordy » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:31 am

Petit B is fine.....last year it was pants though, no music 'cept a damn sax player....!!!! till 3 am! grrr and you get woken up by trains....if you stay at petit b, try and get as far away from main toilet/shower block as possible. he empties the bins at about 8 in the morning.....its noisy and a rude awakening.
also, take plenty of insect repelant...there are nasty critters in p b as when not in season, the locals keep sheep there, look out for ticks!
but even a car boot on a road side is good when your in samois!
c u there!
I will learn to play this thing!
Fordy

Postby GitanePlayer » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:30 pm

My band is going to be at Petite B - there's 5 of us - 3 guitars bass and violin and NO sax!
GitanePlayer

Postby Zoot » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:10 pm

I am taking steps to ensure the Saxaphone players are kept to a minimum.
Look out for the "No Saxaphone" signs when you get down there.

Essential camping gear for Samois wherever you stay is earplugs (avaialble from any chemist) if you want any sleep at all.

I prefer petite B over Samerau because you actually get to meet and play with different people, can walk to the island, get fed easily and it has a laid back vibe about it.

Excellent news on the bass player Mike, we also have our bass player coming down but as he's coming by bike he is without bass, but we can run them in rotation so they don't flag.

Last year I remember it was so cold one night it was impossible to play even if you wanted to so we went straight to the whisky instead.

CU there.

8)
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Zoot
Site Admin

Postby nwilkins » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:20 pm

heaven forbid a saxophone player shows up and takes up valuable time which could be used to play some repetitive poorly executed guitar licks :roll:
nwilkins

Postby Caballero » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:15 pm

You must forgive my friend for his apparent rudeness towards the Sax. He suffered a terrible humiliation when he was a teenager at the hands of a vile man who took advantage of him at a party whilst systematically listening to Dexter Gordon, Jan Garberek and at the money-shot, 'Trane.
Not an easy thing to live with. That's why he started this site, to get his mind off the terrors of modern jazz. :(
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Return to EU Gig Listings