Samois lodgings

Post your EU Gig dates here

Moderators: Caballero, Zoot

Samois lodgings

Postby Andi » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:46 pm

2007 will be only our second year at Samois........2006, what a first!!!
This year we are bringing the guitars.....
The only, minor, detraction from last year's festival for us was that our rooms were about 7 km from Samois which was a bit of a pain at 6am after the campsites.
So, has anybody got any suggestions for lodgings in Fontainebleau or better still Samois.
Call me an old fart but a warm bed and a hot shower outweigh four days of camping............
There are only two of us at present
Any suggestions would be gratefully received and rewarded with several beers at the festival!!!
Thank you
Schhwiingggg!!!
Andi

Re: Samois lodgings

Postby Teddy Dupont » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:49 pm

Andi wrote:Call me an old fart......

You old fart!
Teddy Dupont

Postby Ganondorf » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:14 pm

Not long to go now. It will soon be here! :D
Ganondorf

Postby Andi » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:56 pm

Cheeky shite Teddy!!!
oooh hang on, I think I've pulled my back out........
Yes ganon thirteen weeks and counting.......
Do any of you know of any beds though??? (In Samois or Fontainbleau Teddy................b+b or hotel....you know......)
Schhwiingggg!!!
Andi

Postby wirralgitane » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:59 pm

Does anyone know if you can turn up, with a tent, your guit and camp somewhere on your own near the festival?
Easyjet is cheap to get to paris (charles de gaulle?) but am worried about finding somewhere to stay from there and wondering if its expensive etc being a student but i'm dying to go! :cry:
wirralgitane

Postby BluesBopHarry » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:26 am

You should turn up with your tent, guitar, sleeping bag. But you better stay in one of the camps for safety sake, basically there are two, one in Samois "le petit Barbeau" and another in Samoreau.
Get to the Charles de Gaulle Airport then take the RER to the Gare the Lyon in Paris then get the train to Fontainebleau. When you get there go out and find the bus that goes to either Samois or Samoreau and ask where the camping is.
The camps are very cheap, less than 10 euros a night, and they are safe.
You don`t need a car in the Barbeau but you need one in Samoreau.
Herte`s the link for the Samois camp
http://www.abccamping.com/barbeauuk.htm
It may be a good idea to make a reservation in advance.
Also look at this
http://djangobooks.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ght=samois
Look for Dennis post.
And this
http://www.hotclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=914
If you still have question feel free to ask.
Good luck!
BluesBopHarry

Postby wirralgitane » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:12 am

Oh excellent! Can't say how much that has helped me! I'll be booking in asap! :lol: o i can't wait! :D
wirralgitane

Postby Fefo » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:33 pm

I was planning my first trip to Samois renting a motorhome, from Modena - Italy (around 1000kms)... with my wife and two children (aged 4 and 2)...

Are campings around far from the village or from the location where the festival is held?

... after all, would you recommend this? Are there some places for children or should I tie them up to the chairs listening to GJ? Would that be a right educational approach :wink:

Ciao
Federico
Fefo

Postby BluesBopHarry » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:48 pm

The camp in Samois "Le petit Barbeau" is very near the festival site, about a 10-15 min. walk, You'll be able to camp with your motor home there (make reservations). The town is not that far either.
The place is beautiful, is open green areas with the river just a stone throw away (I`ve heard it`s not too safe to swim though), there might be other children around to play with, you can look at it as a sort of camping trip to the country with GJ involved.
I don`t know about the rope and chairs idea...But keep an eye on your children at ALL times.
Good luck!
BluesBopHarry

Camping

Postby Libby » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:26 pm

I'll be coming by myself from holland probably first by plane(no car) and then train and camping, BUT i'm totally ancient 54 and female ,are the camping's safe I want to bring my guitar as well without the idea it will get nicked, anyone any views on this or am i just a stressed out django fan
Libby
Libby

Re: Camping

Postby Teddy Dupont » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:01 pm

Libby wrote:I'll be coming by myself from holland probably first by plane(no car) and then train and camping, BUT i'm totally ancient 54 and female ,are the camping's safe I want to bring my guitar as well without the idea it will get nicked, anyone any views on this or am i just a stressed out django fan
Libby

My advice is, wherever you stay, keep well away from Cabo. He is a dirty beast!!! Voluptuous ladies in their fifties drive him absolutely wild and that is a truly appalling and repugnant sight.
Teddy Dupont

volumtuous

Postby Libby » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:07 pm

:shock: Hey who said I'm volumtuous (fat) I just don't want to get attack by a load of drunken junkies i can get thAT HERE in Amsterdam :lol: oh and by the way right on another topic are there anyother females besides me that play gypsy jazz??
Libby

Re: volumtuous

Postby Caballero » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:18 pm

Libby wrote::shock: Hey who said I'm volumtuous (fat) I just don't want to get attack by a load of drunken junkies i can get thAT HERE in Amsterdam :lol: oh and by the way right on another topic are there anyother females besides me that play gypsy jazz??

You'll be fine, there's loads of ladies who go. Some have guitars. Advice for camping sites is that they tend to get booked up pretty early and generally show preference to return visitors. So a smattering of french and the threat of violence can help.
Gentlemen with the kids, I wouldn't, not if you want to get any serious playing/drinking/hanging done. Hell, leave 'em with the missus. Unless, she's like the lady above and wants to shred. In that case leave 'em with the in-laws. Failing that, tether them to a post.
Although, I believe the good Doctor above is starting a child-minding service for parents that want to go to Samois. He never does anymore, since the operation, and would like to earn a few quid.
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Postby Teddy Dupont » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:16 pm

Libby wrote::shock: Hey who said I'm volumtuous (fat) I just don't want to get attack by a load of drunken junkies i can get thAT HERE in Amsterdam :lol: oh and by the way right on another topic are there anyother females besides me that play gypsy jazz??

:oops: I would not dream of accusing you of being fat. Voluptuous means sensual not fat!!

You'll be safe from male attention though whether you are voluptuous or not, because as soon as they get there, geeks like Cabo only want to play guitars or watch other people play them - both when drunk and sober.

Your guitar is a different matter though. Keep a close eye on it.
Teddy Dupont

Postby Caballero » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:48 am

[quote="Teddy Dupont"]
:oops: I would not dream of accusing you of being fat. Voluptuous means sensual not fat!!/quote]

Hmmm... sounds like that hole's too deep to climb out of.
let's face it, if you were browsing the personal ads in a paper looking for 'ms right' and you see the words voluptuous, buxom or bubbly, one tends to think of the word fat. :)
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Next

Return to EU Gig Listings