Hello from Wales

Hands across the water and all that shite

Moderators: Zoot, stublag, TedGottsegen

Hello from Wales

Postby Gadjo » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:50 pm

Writing the Christmas cards got me thinking about saying hello to all my friends in Gypsy Jazz land - saving writing more cards.
I am now at Bangor University, living near Pwllheli and doing most of my playing down here. If any of you are thinking about visiting this part of the Llyn Peninsula next year give me a shout as there are plenty of opportunities for a play.
I run a Thursday jazz session at Criccieth in a coffee shop over looking the sea. Mainly duos and trios but there are good musicians locally who make playing here a joy. Huw Warren, Billy Thompson, Chris Hayward, Elj Jones, Phil G, Greg Robley, Garry Bywater are just a few names you might know.
We have an acoustic gypsy jazz session every Tuesday at Tremadog so the chops are still up and weekends are generally spent with my Les Paul playing with this lot
www.myspace.com/gwynevansdrjazz
Probably not doing Samois next year as I have a lot on here that weekend. This is one area where TV sessions are still possible outside London and the Welsh language music scene brings in recording dates - something that had died in Manchester for me.
As I say if you thinking of visiting this part of the world please say hello.
Nadolig Llawen.
Gadjo

Postby Daniel John Martin » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:04 pm

Hello Gadjo...
In fact I go to Bangor from time to time... I love the region and it's rare possibility of feeling really alone in this world when you need it...
I usually went to jam at the Greek Taverna when possible...Glad to hear about you and will see you there some time... DJM
www.myspace.com/djmparis
Daniel John Martin

Return to Coalition Corner