Them There Eyes

Submissions for tune chords and licks

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Them There Eyes

Postby justjack » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:27 am

I've been having a lot of fun with the rhythm on this tune, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of an online source for the melody. Any rendition is fine.

Thanks, as always,
Jack.
justjack
Mad For It

Postby djangology » Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:41 am

thats one of the tunes ive been learning lately, but i havent yet learned the melody...
djangology

Postby NewcastleBud » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:11 pm

Hey Jack, you might want to try the vitaminC music download site. They have Serge Krief's version that is great! I can email it to you, but I'm not exactly sure how to do it ( when it comes to computers, I'm as useful as a football bat)
NewcastleBud

Postby justjack » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:07 am

I'm listening to it right now (well, Chez Jacquet, actually)...they seem to have quite a bit of his stuff for download, in fact. This is just audio, though, right? Or am missing some section of the site with charts? Either way, thanks much for the suggestion-it makes being at work that much easier!
justjack
Mad For It

Postby NewcastleBud » Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:23 am

Glad to hear you found it! It's just audio and I'm almost certain there aren't any charts. Great recordings though.
NewcastleBud

Postby justjack » Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:27 am

I'm an idiot. I've had it here all along: The Jazz Bible Fake Book Series: The Swing Era. Anyone who's looking for decent charts for standards should check this series out; it's arranged so you can see both the original changes and more modern subs at the same time, all the sections are clearly marked (A, B, etc.) and they only run about $15 to $20 per 200 tunes. To top it off, the author's grandmother helped him pick out the tunes. Good times.
justjack
Mad For It

Postby Bigskychuck » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:47 pm

That's a fake book I haven't hear of, Jack; do you know a source for it?
What about a source for the Astuces book that you mentioned elsewhere?

Thanks,
Charlie
Bigskychuck

Postby stublag » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:40 pm

NewcastleBud wrote:Hey Jack, you might want to try the vitaminC music download site. They have Serge Krief's version that is great! I can email it to you, but I'm not exactly sure how to do it ( when it comes to computers, I'm as useful as a football bat)

Hey Jack
Why not get Django's version--its pretty good! :-)

Stu
stublag

Postby justjack » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:36 pm

Bigskychuck wrote:That's a fake book I haven't hear of, Jack; do you know a source for it?
What about a source for the Astuces book that you mentioned elsewhere?

Thanks,
Charlie

The Astuces book you can find right here, I think, in English translation. Check the shop section of the site, it's called Secrets of Gypsy Jazz Guitar, or something similar. The other one is a Hal Leonard book that you can probably find on amazon.com. Vol one (Ragtime & Early Jazz) is also well worth checking out.

stublag wrote:Why not get Django's version--its pretty good!

Wiseguy, eh? Actually, I'd love to find a transcription of it somewhere. Pretty good indeed!
justjack
Mad For It

Return to Tunes