Stochelo & Fapy scene

Submissions for tune chords and licks

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Stochelo & Fapy scene

Postby justjack » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:57 am

I'm stuck at work and am trying to remember the tune these guys are playing on the Legacy video. It's the scene at the campsite, right before Dark Eyes, where a bunch of people are standing around a car, playing. Anyone?
justjack
Mad For It

Re: Stochelo & Fapy scene

Postby TedGottsegen » Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:11 pm

justjack wrote:I'm stuck at work and am trying to remember the tune these guys are playing on the Legacy video. It's the scene at the campsite, right before Dark Eyes, where a bunch of people are standing around a car, playing. Anyone?

The tune is "Chez Moi"
TedGottsegen

Postby justjack » Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:13 pm

Thanks, Ted; I was on the verge of losing my marbles over this one.
justjack
Mad For It

Postby TedGottsegen » Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:18 pm

justjack wrote:Thanks, Ted; I was on the verge of losing my marbles over this one.

No problem, Jack. I actually had to ask a couple of people until I got a decent answer. There is no other way to know since they don't even touch the melody on camera. That is one of the best scenes in the film and I'm not sure why they but out most of it...
TedGottsegen

Postby justjack » Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:36 am

TedGottsegen wrote:
justjack wrote:Thanks, Ted; I was on the verge of losing my marbles over this one.

No problem, Jack. I actually had to ask a couple of people until I got a decent answer. There is no other way to know since they don't even touch the melody on camera. That is one of the best scenes in the film and I'm not sure why they but out most of it...

I'm with you all the way on this. An extra touch that I always get a kick out of is the shot of one of the older men looking on-I think they cut to him just as it switches from Stochelo to Fapy. He's got a great sort of mischevious twinkle in his eye, like he's waiting to see who cuts who. Then the shot of Fapy shaking his head, and smiling. Man, I Gottagetoutmore, Gottsegen. At any rate, thanks again. I'm on the chart hunt, now.
justjack
Mad For It

Postby TedGottsegen » Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:01 am

justjack wrote:I'm with you all the way on this. An extra touch that I always get a kick out of is the shot of one of the older men looking on-I think they cut to him just as it switches from Stochelo to Fapy

Yeah he's showing his fatherly pride. I believe that that old man Sani Rosenberg, Nous'che's father. He was also one of the guitarists in the group Romanesj, a very early Dutch gypsy group. I'm not 100% sure it's Sani, but sure enough to mention it anyway.

Best,

Ted
TedGottsegen

Postby justjack » Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:19 am

Christ on a crutch, but you're a hard guy to stump. Well done, man.
justjack
Mad For It

Postby Zoot » Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:37 am

TedGottsegen wrote:That is one of the best scenes in the film and I'm not sure why they but out most of it...

The reason was Fapy demanded payment for his appearance in the film. So they cut it all out. There are 2 further deleated scenes of Fapy doing some amazing unaccompanied work.

He was given a hard time over this by many Gypsies - thats why you don't see him at Samois.
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Zoot
Site Admin

Postby Thrip » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:52 am

justjack wrote: Man, I Gottagetoutmore, Gottsegen.

Ouch!
Thrip

Postby Harry the dog » Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:46 pm

this is so uncanny me and the guy I duet with was discussing this very tune last week have you got the chord yet Jack?????? :o
Harry the dog

Postby TedGottsegen » Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:30 pm

Zoot wrote:
The reason was Fapy demanded payment for his appearance in the film. So they cut it all out. There are 2 further deleated scenes of Fapy doing some amazing unaccompanied work.

:roll: So that's it. Too bad, because I thought that that was one of the best scenes in the film. I've seen that outtake footage which is really great, too.

Zoot wrote:He was given a hard time over this by many Gypsies - thats why you don't see him at Samois.

It's usually money which throws a wrench in the works, too. I was wondering why he never appeared in Samois anymore. Thanks Zoot!
TedGottsegen

Postby justjack » Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:51 pm

Harry the dog wrote:this is so uncanny me and the guy I duet with was discussing this very tune last week have you got the chord yet Jack?????? :o

Nothing yet, but I'll post whatever I come up with when I come up with it.
justjack
Mad For It

Postby justjack » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:40 am

justjack wrote:
Harry the dog wrote:this is so uncanny me and the guy I duet with was discussing this very tune last week have you got the chord yet Jack?????? :o

Nothing yet, but I'll post whatever I come up with when I come up with it.

All right, so I've come up with nothing. Does anyone have a chart for this tune?

eternal thanks,
Jack.
justjack
Mad For It

Postby Harry the dog » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:47 am

I've just printed all the grilles off the gadjodrm site and I came across one called Venez-donc chez moi. I dont suppose this is the one we're all looking for is it as I have'nt had time to play it with the video yet ( I must get a life)

By the way gigging this Saturday down the market in Hull if any one is at all interested. :D
Harry the dog

Postby justjack » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:50 pm

Actually, a kind soul took pity and sent me these changes:

C|-|B7|-|Gm|-|A7+5|-|Dm|E7|Am|-|Dm|-|G7|-|
C|-|B7|-|Gm|-|A7+5|-|Dm|E7|Am|D7|Dm7|G7|C|-|

Give it a whirl-tough for me to judge; I don't have a recording of the tune. Still, the changes are fun.
justjack
Mad For It

Next

Return to Tunes