Looking for Dark Eyes

Submissions for tune chords and licks

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Looking for Dark Eyes

Postby Campus Five » Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:43 pm

I'm looking for sheet music for Dark Eyes. Something with the melody written out with out all of the embelishments commonly added. Anybody? Thanks.
Campus Five

Postby Zoot » Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:00 am

Go to the playing link at top of page > click PTAB
It's in there as a powertab file or you can download the bloated zip file and extract the html and midi files from there.
Best if you open the powertab file with powertab. Download link is there also

Z
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Zoot
Site Admin

Postby Campus Five » Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:46 am

Thanks, I used that already. I'm really looking for something without all of the embelishments that Django played. I'm just lloking for the most Vanilla version.
Campus Five

Postby Jan Primus » Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:50 pm

Nice website Johnathan. Looks like a fun gig. The Robin Nolan book 2<I think> has just the head and the chords. It is pretty simple actually.
Chad
Jan Primus

Postby djangology » Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:08 pm

yeah, you guys (JS and the Campus Five) have a great sound... keep up the good work! hopefully, if you ever come through Portland, you can play the Viscount Ballroom (wishing and hoping)... :-)
djangology

Postby justjack » Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:36 pm

Another version here:
http://www.visi.com/~mpv/charts/

Under Les Yeux... I think.
justjack
Mad For It

Postby Campus Five » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:23 pm

Now thats what I was looking for! I needed a lead sheet, so I can give it my clarinet player. We're going to be recording a new album, and we usually do "Minor Swing". If figured this was a good time to put it out to pasture, and replace it with "DE". A since I got this new Le Voi, I wanted to use it on something. Maybe I'll check out the Robin Nolan book(s). Thanks!

By the way - thanks for all of the nice comments about the band. I might start posting gig info on the US Gig catergory, although since we're not strictly GJ, I don't know if that's entirely appropriate. Plus we play anywhere from San Diego to Santa Barbara - but that's stilll practically LA. I'll try to get up to Portland as soon as someone can fly us up and put us up in Hotel's with single rooms. It's more than a day's road trip from LA, and I had to pay a pretty penny just to get my guys out to Laughlin (4 hrs), so its probably just cheaper to fly. That's what I get for using the best I can.
Campus Five

Postby nwilkins » Sat Oct 11, 2003 5:34 am

Dark Eyes is actually in the RNT Book number ONE :)
nwilkins

Postby bwilkins » Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:01 pm

Hi nwilkins,

Good to see you back. It seems like it's been a while. How's the mess in Halifax? Are things getting back to normal after Hurricane Juan? How were you impacted?

Over here in Maine all we got are big winds and up to 5-6 inches of rain in short order.

Sorry, this hasn't a lot to do with gypsy picking.

bw
bwilkins

Postby nwilkins » Sat Oct 11, 2003 2:57 pm

The mess is just about cleaned up here in Halifax - it was pretty brutal for about a week - lots of trees down, houses smashed, and power was out pretty much everywhere - I didn't get power (or hot water) back until three hours short of exactly seven days! But other than that nothing bad happened to me. Two people died unfortunately, and a lot of ducks were killed by falling trees in our public gardens :( But things are starting to look normal again, except for our very nice (and pretty big) forested park, which I still can't face going to see since they say that close to 2/3 of the trees are gone!
nwilkins

Postby bwilkins » Sat Oct 11, 2003 3:11 pm

:cry: :cry:

Sounds horrible! Being a lover of big, old trees (naturally, being a Forester) I can relate.

So glad you're OK. But 7 days without electricity and hot water - Whew :!: How well prepared were you, & most of the residents of the HRM?

bw
bwilkins

Postby nwilkins » Sat Oct 11, 2003 7:46 pm

I think most people got by okay - lots of people were using their barbecues (I wished I had had a barbecue). Cold showers were unpleasant, and being a student on a budget it was crappy that everything perishable in my fridge had to be thrown out. The worst part was that I had no computer access, and it was my week to send out emails to potential PhD supervisors in Britain, so halfway through the week we (girlfriend and I) moved out to our friends' apartment outside of town (which got power back in only 3 days), I sent the emails and we stayed out there for a while. It was weird to be going to bed really early because there was no light to do anything once the sun went down.

BTW Sorry to everyone else for going off topic like this :)

Some really nice things happened during this time - restaurants where the food was going to spoil just set up on the street and cooked free food for neighbourhoods. On the other hand, some gas stations started charging 10% more than what it said on the sign because people were so desperate, and some convenience stores were selling batteries for $5 each! There were 2 hour lineups to get coffee the morning after the hurricane :roll: and the hospital was stuffed with people coming in to charge their cell phones.

Apart from the email thing though it was kind of nice to have a break from communication - no TV no internet and no phone for a while.
nwilkins

Postby bwilkins » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:29 pm

nw,

All I can say is welcome back to the 21st Century, and, speaking no doubt for the others as well: glad you came through unharmed!

bw
bwilkins

Return to Tunes