armando's rhumba

Submissions for tune chords and licks

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

armando's rhumba

Postby overtone » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:04 pm

Looked through a few sites with charts on them, can't seem to find this one and I see that there might be a few people looking for it too. Does anyone out there have the changes and the melody?

I suppose I could learn them by ear, but i'm addicted to reading sheet music, I can't get away from it. Does anyone know of some other rhumbas with similar changes, it seems a lot of them sound kind of similar?

Who wrote this tune? It has got to be the catchiest melody ever. The only version I've heard is actually with Chik Corea and Stephane Grapelli and they are stomping their feet and clapping the rhythm.

peace and thanks,
OT
overtone

Re: armando's rhumba

Postby stublag » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:47 pm

overtone wrote:Looked through a few sites with charts on them, can't seem to find this one and I see that there might be a few people looking for it too. Does anyone out there have the changes and the melody?

I suppose I could learn them by ear, but i'm addicted to reading sheet music, I can't get away from it. Does anyone know of some other rhumbas with similar changes, it seems a lot of them sound kind of similar?

Who wrote this tune? It has got to be the catchiest melody ever. The only version I've heard is actually with Chik Corea and Stephane Grapelli and they are stomping their feet and clapping the rhythm.

peace and thanks,
OT

Its a Chick Corea tune--available in one of the 'legal' Chuck Sher 'new real books'--i forget which one
Great tune though--as played by Raphael Fays if i remember correctly
Stu
stublag

Re: armando's rhumba

Postby overtone » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:16 am

stublag wrote:
Its a Chick Corea tune--available in one of the 'legal' Chuck Sher 'new real books'--i forget which one
Great tune though--as played by Raphael Fays if i remember correctly
Stu

No wonder...i only read illegal sheet music, thus the addiction. :)

I have only seen a few scattered pages of the legal book online...does anyone know of a site that might have it up?
overtone

Return to Tunes