Coucou

Submissions for tune chords and licks

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Coucou

Postby Justin » Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:51 pm

I found a great French-Canadian singer who wants to do this song.

Anyone out there have a chart for "Coucou" (1940)?
User avatar
Justin
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 11:58 am
Location: Suresnes

Re: Coucou

Postby emicad » Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:23 pm

if someone gives you a help, contact me!
I love that song more then I love my self...

bye!
User avatar
emicad
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:56 am
Location: Rome - Italy

Re: Coucou

Postby emicad » Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:33 pm

who is this singer?
User avatar
emicad
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:56 am
Location: Rome - Italy

Postby justjack » Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:37 pm

Here's some stuff from the other board...

COUCOU

Coucou les rosiers fleurissent
Coucou les rameaux verdissent
Coucou voici le printemps

Coucou le beau soleil brille
Coucou et les yeux des filles
Coucou en font tout autant

Que faîtes vous, que faîtes vous
Encore à sommeiller
Eveillez-vous, éveillez vous
Le monde est transformé

Coucou ouvrez moi bien vite
Coucou mon c?ur vous invite
Coucou mieux vaut nous aimer

there's an intro based on turnarounds... that's easy to figure out
when the vocals start you have these chords

C | C | Am | Am | F | F#dim7 G7 | C Am |Dm G7|

C | C | Am | Am | F | F#dim7 G7 | C | C |

C7 | C7 | F | F | D7 | D7 | G | G 7

C | C | Am | Am | F | F#dim7 G7 | C Am |Dm G7|

the form is AABA

Have fun with it,
Jack.
User avatar
justjack
Mad For It
 
Posts: 1855
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:40 pm
Location: Western Mass

Postby emicad » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:02 pm

i'm sure that the chords for thr intro are
C/Am/Dm/G7 but the second time it's different, there is a chromatic passage, i think made with half-diminished chords. if you have a transcription of the introit's good, even if sounds good also with the classic turnaround repeated two times as in J'attendrai.

thank you Jack
User avatar
emicad
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:56 am
Location: Rome - Italy

Postby Justin » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:40 pm

You guys are the best!

Thank you!
User avatar
Justin
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 11:58 am
Location: Suresnes

Postby RICK-D15 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:50 pm

justjack wrote:Here's some stuff from the other board...

COUCOU

Coucou les rosiers fleurissent
Coucou les rameaux verdissent
Coucou voici le printemps

Coucou le beau soleil brille
Coucou et les yeux des filles
Coucou en font tout autant

Que faîtes vous, que faîtes vous
Encore à sommeiller
Eveillez-vous, éveillez vous
Le monde est transformé

Coucou ouvrez moi bien vite
Coucou mon c?ur vous invite
Coucou mieux vaut nous aimer





Whoever is singing this has one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard. I have absolutely no idea what she's saying, but it's beautiful. Can anyone provide the English translation?
"It's all one big note" - Frank Zappa
RICK-D15
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 4:02 pm

Postby emicad » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:56 am

Yes, beautiful voice, probably the best voice also for me, if someone knows who is (or was :( ) this singer, let me know, meanwhile i'll contact some french friends to have something about it including an english translation also if it's so simple, i don't know anithing of french but i've understood approximately all.

Another thing, the intro turnaround it's C/Am/F/G7 repeated two times, with some different voicings in the second time, if someone knows the exactly intro let me know, and remember the best thing to do, i need the Django's solo transcription or tab!
I'm waiting...
User avatar
emicad
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:56 am
Location: Rome - Italy

Postby Teddy Dupont » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:58 am

Am I missing something here? :? You guys are surely not talking about the HCQ version with the dreadful Josette Dayde singing. She is barely on key throughout the whole thing. - Django got sick of her and fired her after a couple of weeks. According to Pierre Fouad (the drummer) "....Django had had enough of her. She could never come in on the right beat and was always losing the rhythm and we kept having to put her right". That says it all for me.

Django played with too many second-raters.
User avatar
Teddy Dupont
Moderator
 
Posts: 2036
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:27 am
Location: Dupont Towers

Postby emicad » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:14 am

Teddy Dupont wrote:Am I missing something here? :? You guys are surely not talking about the HCQ version with the dreadful Josette Dayde singing. She is barely on key throughout the whole thing. - Django got sick of her and fired her after a couple of weeks. According to Pierre Fouad (the drummer) "....Django had had enough of her. She could never come in on the right beat and was always losing the rhythm and we kept having to put her right". That says it all for me.

Django played with too many second-raters.


My english is limited, i've not understand a lot what you say...can you repeat all in a simple way? :roll:
Anyway i'm talking about the coucou version i've found in the Mafia soundtrack (it's a game, the best game i've played) i think played by Django, Rostaing on clarinet, and this mystery woman (Josette Dayde?) i don't know who are the accompaniers, maybe nin-nin and baro.
According to what i've understood she had time problems? She was not so good? you're saying this?
sorry, i'm italian
User avatar
emicad
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:56 am
Location: Rome - Italy

Postby Teddy Dupont » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:21 am

Emicad,

(1) It is Josette Dayde (should be "e" acute).

(2) Django thought she was a very poor singer.

(3) Django sacked, fired, dismissed, got rid of her very quickly.

(4) I think she is a poor singer too.

Sorry,

Teddy
User avatar
Teddy Dupont
Moderator
 
Posts: 2036
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:27 am
Location: Dupont Towers

Postby emicad » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:35 am

Teddy Dupont wrote:Emicad,

(1) It is Josette Dayde (should be "e" acute).

(2) Django thought she was a very poor singer.

(3) Django sacked, fired, dismissed, got rid of her very quickly.

(4) I think she is a poor singer too.

Sorry,

Teddy


I had understood well! Django was not satisfied of Josette, and pissed she off...i can say this! when you say "poor" you mean "not good" is it?
and what's the meaning of "e" cute, a nickname?
i think that that voice is marvellous, as the song, she is alive?
User avatar
emicad
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:56 am
Location: Rome - Italy

Postby nwilkins » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:43 pm

emicad, "e" acute means that the e has an accent like this: é
User avatar
nwilkins
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:02 am

Postby emicad » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:09 pm

nwilkins wrote:emicad, "e" acute means that the e has an accent like this: é

thx man...
User avatar
emicad
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:56 am
Location: Rome - Italy

Postby Teddy Dupont » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:04 pm

emicad wrote:
nwilkins wrote:emicad, "e" acute means that the e has an accent like this: é

thx man...

How did you get the "é" Nick? :?
User avatar
Teddy Dupont
Moderator
 
Posts: 2036
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:27 am
Location: Dupont Towers

Next

Return to Tunes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron