The Virtual Gypsy Jazz CD II

Welcome to the Hotclub Forum

Moderators: Caballero, Zoot

The Virtual Gypsy Jazz CD II

Postby Zoot » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:27 am

I've finally got around to getting the Virtual Gypsy Jazz CD together.

The idea is that people can download tracks to their PC/Mac and then either play the tracks or burn their own CD.
You will also be able to stream the tracks off the website if desired

The main page is now under construction and we have 6 high quality submissions.
There are a couple that I'm keeping in reserve as they are a not so well recorded (live).

I have 2 more on there way and am now in the final stages of accepting submissions.
So if you have an mp3, wav, CD, that you would like added to the virtual CD please get off your arse and send it to me via email steve@hotclub.co.uk or send it to me:

Steve Royall
44 West Farm Close
Ashtead
Surrey KT21 2LJ

Submissions so far are from:

Stephan Wremble
Stu Blagden
Les Roulottes
Sephora Swing
Ewan McKenzie
Shawn Tubs
Robin Katz
Club Tabou

I think it should be 10 tracks as a minimum.

If your not on the list and feel you should be - let me know.

I will also be supplying artwork so people can print their own cover.
If anyone wants to create a front cover then send it to the same address.
12cm X 12cm 300dpi

I would like to get this finished ASAP so if your intested in supplying tracks or artwork please get into contact with me sooner rather than later.

Don't be shy now - it's just a bit of fun.
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Zoot
Site Admin

Postby Zoot » Mon May 09, 2005 8:48 pm

Virtual CD is up

Sorry for the delay guys

www.hotclub.co.uk/html/virtual_cd/

There are some more tracks to come soon.
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Zoot
Site Admin

Postby stublag » Tue May 10, 2005 11:14 am

zoot wrote:Virtual CD is up

Sorry for the delay guys

www.hotclub.co.uk/html/virtual_cd/

There are some more tracks to come soon.

Thanks for your efforts zoot
best
stu
stublag

Fabulous - minor typo...

Postby fmason » Wed May 11, 2005 8:50 am

Loving this CD.

Minor Issue: the Robin Katz track (Twelvth Year) has the wrong link which goes to the first Stuart Blagden song. The correct link should be:

http://www.hotclub.co.uk/html/virtual_c ... n_katz.mp3
fmason

Postby Zoot » Wed May 11, 2005 9:26 am

Thanks for that - have made the change
Zoot
Site Admin

Re: Fabulous - minor typo...

Postby stublag » Wed May 11, 2005 11:08 am

fmason wrote:Loving this CD.

Minor Issue: the Robin Katz track (Twelvth Year) has the wrong link which goes to the first Stuart Blagden song. The correct link should be:

http://www.hotclub.co.uk/html/virtual_c ... n_katz.mp3

it wasn't me Robin i promise ;-)
Stu
stublag

Postby djangology » Wed May 11, 2005 5:35 pm

Hey Zoot, do you want to hijack the Virtual Gypsy Jazz version 1 from me and put it on your site? Otherwise, if you send me the stylesheets and stuff then I can convert the old site into the new page style?
djangology

Postby Zoot » Thu May 12, 2005 9:52 am

Hi Djangology

I'd rather not host it myself as i'm already paying over £350 a year on data transfer charges already and as your probably aware mp3's are the worst culprit.

I'm more than glad to send you the css and images as well as the streaming mp3 widgets and we can cross link them as well.
Send me the address for the VCD and i'll get it linked here
Zoot
Site Admin

Postby CB » Fri May 13, 2005 2:53 pm

Just a quick note of thanks to Zoot and all the players for the second edition of the Virtual Gypsy Jazz CD. The first one was one of my first exposures to the style and was largely responsible for restarting my interest in accoustic guitar playing. I have eagerly awaited the second edition and it surpasses all expectations. The quality of the playing and recordings is outstanding, I've been listening non-stop. It is great to hear all these new players, well, new to me that is. Thanks to all for making this available.

Craig
CB

Postby nuages » Fri May 13, 2005 7:39 pm

CB wrote:Just a quick note of thanks to Zoot and all the players for the second edition of the Virtual Gypsy Jazz CD. The first one was one of my first exposures to the style and was largely responsible for restarting my interest in accoustic guitar playing. I have eagerly awaited the second edition and it surpasses all expectations. The quality of the playing and recordings is outstanding, I've been listening non-stop. It is great to hear all these new players, well, new to me that is. Thanks to all for making this available.

Craig

I totally agree with Craig. Listening to the Virtual Gypsy Jazz CD II has been a very pleasing experience. It intensifies my interest in learning this wonderful music even more. Who knows, maybe I'll have a tune ready to submit by the time VGJ III comes around.

Jimmy
nuages

Postby Carter O'Brien » Fri May 13, 2005 8:22 pm

righteous tunes there, congrats to all the players & thanks for sharing!
Carter O'Brien

Thanks for the music!

Postby Swinguit 57 » Sun May 29, 2005 7:31 pm

Is Volume 1 available online?
Swinguit 57

Postby janandga » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:22 pm

How exactly does one go about getting a spot on this sample-page? Is there a screening involved? And where does one send ones sample?
My partner and I have recorded one demo so far, but are in the process of arranging tunes for another, hopefully(most definitely)much better demo, and when this is done, I gather it would be good expo to have it posted on this page!?
janandga

Postby CB » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:43 pm

Volume 1 is on djangology's site (Thanks Jon!):

http://www.djangology.net/virtualgypsyjazz/
CB

Postby Zoot » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:51 pm

janandga wrote:How exactly does one go about getting a spot on this sample-page? Is there a screening involved? And where does one send ones sample?
My partner and I have recorded one demo so far, but are in the process of arranging tunes for another, hopefully(most definitely)much better demo, and when this is done, I gather it would be good expo to have it posted on this page!?

Send me a file and we'll have a listen steve@hotclub.co.uk
Zoot
Site Admin

Next

Return to Welcome